Rumney Post Wed/Thurs Snow Storm

By Ben Dubs
Nov 7, 2012
Elephant man
Was looking to get up to rumney for the first time and wondering what predicted conditions would be on Saturday post today's and tomorrow's storm for rock (not ice) climbing? I appreciate any helpful responses from this forum's mass of experience to save myself (and friends) a long drive just to turn around!

• Looking to climb at the 5.8 crag or meadows.

By Morgan Patterson
Nov 7, 2012
Stoked...
crowded and great climbing.

By Ben Dubs
Nov 7, 2012
Elephant man
Awesome. Thanks much. Wasn't sure if it was going to be full of slick ice or still wet.

By Kevin Heckeler
From Upstate New York
Nov 7, 2012
Rumney
Looks like they'll only get 2" of slushy snow, with sun Friday almost 50F. I'd say the snow would be gone, and it's still not cold enough for long enough for there to be ice. Completely different story 45 minutes further north!

By Greg Pouliot
Nov 7, 2012
@beedub, make sure you get to main cliff (armed and dangerous area) early and do Metamorphosis. Killer climb for sure.

By Ben Dubs
Nov 7, 2012
Elephant man
Great info! Really good first impression to the forums. Looking forward to pulling some rock at rumney with such a great community!

By S. Neoh
Nov 7, 2012
The Parking Lot Wall, over half of The Meadows, Lower Darth Vader, about half of Main Cliff, Jimmy Cliff, and Crow's Nest will likely be the quickest to dry. With the leaves down, there are lots and lots of options for a first-time visitor, especially if you can lead up to mid 5.10 or so.
Enjoy.

By Chris Duca
From Havertown, PA
Nov 8, 2012
Finishing up Elusive Dream at the King Wall.  Adir...
It'll be fine. Like most commenters already said, The Main Cliff and the Jimmy Cliff are your best bets, and will most definitely be dry. Snow, if it happens to be present at all, will be limited to the forest floors. Enjoy!

By A.Javi.Gecko
From San Diego, CA
Nov 8, 2012
V3, Castle Hill, NZ
If you're looking for a partner, I think I'll be buying some Darn Tuff socks on Saturday but am hoping to get out Sunday. Could rearrange however. So far I've just been showing up at Rumney and breaking up threesomes so a pre-planned partner who won't bail in cold weather (climbed last Sunday during a light snow) is preferable.