Road trip to Golden CO...
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By Bill Kirby
From Baltimore Maryland
Dec 15, 2012
Me eating a cliff bar walking back from Frankenste...
My buddies and I are planning a trip to Golden CO. Earth Treks, the gym we all belong to has opened a new location in Golden so we going to check it out. We have a plane tickets locked down but were wondering if anyone knows a good place to stay, Good places to drink and eat and fun stuff to do when we're not climbing at Earth treks. We appreciate any feedback!

By S Denny
From Aspen, CO
oh man, here it comes

By Daniel Frauenhoff
Dec 15, 2012
Victory photo at the top!
Hey man, they haven't opened yet. Construction starts this year and their grand opening is in Fall 2013. Still there is plenty of great sport climbing in the Golden area.

By DaveJD
Kirby1013 wrote:
We appreciate any feedback!

Doesnt sound like much of a road trip if planes are involved.

By Bill Kirby
From Baltimore Maryland
Dec 15, 2012
Me eating a cliff bar walking back from Frankenste...
Thanks Daniel for the heads up. We're planning the trip for this time next year. We're starting to plan now since everyone's really excited!

Dave, I'll be sure to name our trips properly. We were going to drive and stop at as many gyms as we could along the way but no one has that much time.

By Daniel Frauenhoff
Dec 15, 2012
Victory photo at the top!
Be sure to check out Mannie and Bo's pizzeria in south Golden. They are a great family joint with dirt cheap pizza on Friday and Saturday evenings, not to mention its delicious.

By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV
I've never seen anyone so stoked to climb inside before. I like the enthusiasm!

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Bocan
S Denny wrote:
oh man, here it comes

I can't resist!

First off it's not a road trip if you are flying...driving to the airport doesn't count.

Second...you want to take a cross country trip to a indoor climbing gym???

Wow...Well, there really isn't any good climbing in Colorado anyways.

By matt davies
Ravens going down!

By JJNS
Dec 15, 2012
Please, please do a trip report on this.

By ScoRo
From Portland, OR
Dec 15, 2012
Ahhhh, remember the hair and pay tribute to it.
Can't...respond...head...exploding.

By Bill Kirby
From Baltimore Maryland
Dec 15, 2012
Me eating a cliff bar walking back from Frankenste...
Thanks Jon, just stoked to get out of town and do something really fun. Some people go to Vegas but we plan on going climbing.

Scott Mc, We would be going in December so won't it be too cold to climb outside anyway!

Matt, Yea I bet you're real excited for this Sunday. The broncos might actually beat the Ravens! When was the last time that happened?

Jason, Look for it in the trip report section

Scott R, I know right? You wish you would have thought of this too. Maybe I could start a new trend..

By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV
Kirby1013 wrote:
We would be going in December so won't it be too cold to climb outside anyway!

NO! This is CO!

Cheers & climb on!

By matt davies
Kirby1013 wrote:

'86, '87, '89, meaningless games tho. (AFC Championships)

Condolences on Art, he stole you guys a great team! ;)

By matt davies
Dec 15, 2012
Jon, that pooch is awesome!

By Olaf Mitchell
From Paia, Maui, Hi,
rockerwaves
Kirby1013, Mountain Project can be a very tough room.
I think you will find the front range to be a entertaining and accommodating.
BTW:I dig your Stoke Dude!

By Bill Kirby
From Baltimore Maryland
Dec 15, 2012
Me eating a cliff bar walking back from Frankenste...
Thanks Olaf

By matt davies
Kirby1013 wrote:
Thanks Olaf Matt, You mean 2006 or 2005.. maybe even 1999 right? Our other football team got stolen in 84.

Maybe, my memory is kinda spotty ever since Elway blew my mind getting Manning. (sorry, I'm embarrassed for me too)
Condolences on the Colts, that was a raw deal.

By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV
matt davies wrote:
Jon, that pooch is awesome!

Buff Fluff
Buff Fluff

By Bill Kirby
From Baltimore Maryland
Dec 15, 2012
Me eating a cliff bar walking back from Frankenste...
Matt, You guys are dong pretty well with him. You got the same record as us!

By matt davies
Kirby1013 wrote:
Matt, You guys are dong pretty well with him. You got the same record as us!

yeah, I know. You guys would be doing even better if Ray Lewis hadn't broken his pact with el Diablo and started killing RBs (instead of club goers) for Christ. The dark lord has rescinded his protection.

Despite my partisanship, I think it's Ravens by 3.

I'll tell you what, Broncos win, you pay for me at Earth Treks, and I'll give you the sickest belay ever.
Ravens (Browns) win, and I'll pay for you, and you sign a binder (with my attorney present, he crushes) not to drop me.

Deal?

By Bill Kirby
From Baltimore Maryland
Dec 15, 2012
Me eating a cliff bar walking back from Frankenste...
Broncos win I'll pay for you and belay you. The Ravens win and you take me to the best crag in CO. Either way we should meet up when I get into town.

By matt davies
Kirby1013 wrote:

Table Mountain here we come! JK, deal. You lika tha trad? Or is sport more your game?
EDIT: Or we could hit some ice (hopefully)
EDIT EDIT: I'm gonna make Scott come too
EDIT EDIT EDIT: Hear that, Scott?

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Bocan
Jon Zucco wrote:
NO! This is CO! I was on a cliff in Golden last week with my shirt off in 80ish degree sun... The weather is fickle; don't be so sure about it being too cold. It may, it may not. If you need ideas on what crags work in the winter, I'm sure plenty of us will have plenty of suggestions within 10 minutes of where ever you stay. Cheers & climb on!

There's only been a few days in the past month that I needed a jacket mid day.

By matt davies
Scott McMahon wrote:
Yep...unless we happen to get a storm or a cold snap, you can prett much climb out here year round. There's only been a few days in the past month that I needed a jacket mid day.

Scott, I don't know if you noticed, but I just drafted you into climbing with Kirby1013 (et al) next year. Maybe we could get Tits in on it as well? And bowlpiece 420, or whatever you're calling yourself these days, you can come too!
Anyway, Go Broncos, and Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah or Swell Solstice, or Best Wishes for the End Times (celebrated on the 21st), to all!!

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Bocan
haha sounds good...I don't have much happening and could use a good reason to get out!

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>