Resole with a quick turnaround

By Nathan Scherneck
From Portland, OR
Apr 4, 2012
He took the whipper while trying to place his #1 Stopper.  So sad.

I have four pairs of shoes that I need to send in for resole. I'm leaving for a trip on April 15th and am hoping to get them back before I leave. Quality and price are a factor too. Any suggestions?

By fat cow
From Salinas, CA
Apr 4, 2012
perfect seam

Alf at the creek will get you fixed up real fast like.

By Tristan B
From La Crescenta, CA
Apr 4, 2012
Hanging out on Royal Arches

Evolv/Yosemite Bum in the OC is pretty fast. They did a pair of my gf's in like a day and shipped them real quick like 2 days before Christmas. You can drive over and grab a pair of the defect shoes too to hold you over while yours are getting resoled.

By Nathan Scherneck
From Portland, OR
Apr 4, 2012
He took the whipper while trying to place his #1 Stopper.  So sad.

fat cow wrote:
Alf at the creek will get you fixed up real fast like.

Ah right! I'm actually heading to the creek. Do you know where Alf's camp setup is?

Tristan B wrote:
Evolv/Yosemite Bum in the OC

Thanks Tristan. Their site says their turnaround is 10 business days right now. Sounds like they're busy.

By fat cow
From Salinas, CA
Apr 4, 2012
perfect seam

i think his email is somewhere on here, and there's an address. it says just a few weeks ago that he was going to the creek to climb so he's prob around there. give him some business!

alfrandell.blogspot.com/

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Apr 5, 2012
...

You should have hit me up last week and you'd be set! (I know! Last thing you wanted to hear. LOL!)

Booked solid now...

PositiveResoles.com

(been running a $25.00 1/2 sole "ST Special" for quite some time now)...

By Hansel
From Boulder, CO
Apr 5, 2012
My ride

I'd try Rock n Resole in Boulder -- if you get them to the shop fast, they'll crank them out for you and ship them back however you want. Great work too.

By Steve Colegrove
From Marietta, GA
Apr 5, 2012

+1 on Rock and Resole

I sent my to RnR last month. Once they received the shoes, it only took'em about 2 or 3 days to resole and send back.

By Heather V.
Apr 8, 2012

RnR took two weeks to resole my shoes last month. I'm happy with the resole job, but not thrilled with the turnaround time.

Their website says 2-3 day turnaround, but when I talked to them on the phone, they said that is *after* a 2-3 day processing time. between the 3 days of "processing" 3 days for the actual resole, plus the weekend, it was almost 10 days before they shipped by shoes back, and another ~3 days in transit. If you're in a hurry you might look elsewhere.

I do give them thumbs up for doing a good job, though.

By Nelson Day
From Joshua Tree, CA
Apr 16, 2012
me (about to sneeze)

By the way, Alf usually camps in the cottonwoods area. He lives in a van, though, so no guarantees. He resoled a pair of my shoes when I was out there last, and the rubber was super stiff after he got done. Can't wear them on anything but crack now. Was more of a "donation to a local dirt bagger who wanted work" than a critical resole I couldn't do without.

Alf is a nice guy, though. And very good at crack.

By Ezekiel Thornton
From Akron, Ohio
Apr 17, 2012
Top of Castleton

Alf is in a pickup with a camper on the back. Unless the van is new this year.