Red Wing Barn Bluff New Route

By Greg Egbert
Aug 22, 2014
Me at Taylor's Falls <br />
Anyone have any info on the new route between Dealer's Choice and Blue Moon?

By peter graupner
From stillwater,mn
Aug 23, 2014
yeah i put that up a month or two ago with some friends. its 9+ or 10-. I thought it climbd well for how short it is

By Andrew Southworth
Aug 24, 2014
Thanks for putting it up Peter. Did you name it? I thought it was a pretty fun route.

By SeanFoster
Aug 27, 2014
Shovel Point, North Shore, MN
Andrew Southworth wrote:

I second that. Fun little route, nice addition. Did you also put up the two at Memorial Park?

By peter graupner
From stillwater,mn
Aug 28, 2014
I top roped those and some friends bolted them. there is a awesome 9+, 11, and a mixed route there on really nice rock. we also have a couple new ones in Stillwater. im finally getting around to some others ive been climing on in the area. there are a couple others at red wing that I think will be nice also. a mixed one and a face climb.

By SeanFoster
Sep 2, 2014
Shovel Point, North Shore, MN
These are the two we did a couple weeks back. Thinking they are the 9 and the mixed you mentioned. Where is the 11? I didn't see any other bolts. Plans to bolt any others at Memorial Park? I found two that I'm interested in putting up near the ones pictured here.

5.8/9 at Memorial Park
5.8/9 at Memorial Park

Mixed at Memorial Park
Mixed at Memorial Park

By peter graupner
From stillwater,mn
Sep 3, 2014
there is a 11( for me it was) ten feet to the right of the 9 that I top roped. not sure if they bolted it. I think the arÍte would climb very well

By SeanFoster
Sep 3, 2014
Shovel Point, North Shore, MN
My buddy tried to go straight up what you are calling the 11, looked like a worthwhile route. I climbed the arete to the anchor and it was, indeed, a good line!

By SeanFoster
Sep 11, 2014
Shovel Point, North Shore, MN
Put up 2 more lines at Memorial Park yesterday. The arete that joins existing anchors on the 9 and a face climb left of the mixed one previously mentioned. Room for more!