Red Rock Search and Rescue Phone Number?

By MTKirk
From Billings, MT
Mar 25, 2013
Me on Supercrack

Don't plan on using it, but seems prudent to have the number saved in my phone. Just 911?

By Austin Baird
From SLC, Utah
Mar 25, 2013
Me scaring years off my mom's life

Make sure to only use it if it gets dark and\or cold and you don't feel like finishing the climb. You know...real emergencies.

By Gary N
From Durango, CO
Mar 25, 2013
Profile pic taken at Muir Beach.

A simple Google search yielded this link as the first result:

www.redrocksar.org

24-7 EMERGENCY Line (702) 758 4SAR (702-758-4727)

By VerticalUrge
Mar 25, 2013

while people are googling phone numbers for other folks, does anyone have the number for rock and resole?

By EricSchmidt
Mar 25, 2013

If the original poster cant even be bothered(or not smart enough?) to google his own phone number should he really be outside climbing on his own?

By smassey
From CO
Mar 25, 2013

FWIW, that org is different from the LV Metro PD SAR group, who are the professionals (with choppers) that you get when you call nine-one-one.

Lois, is your number still 911? Aalllrighty then.

By John Wilder
From Las Vegas, NV
Mar 25, 2013

Gary N wrote:
A simple Google search yielded this link as the first result: www.redrocksar.org 24-7 EMERGENCY Line (702) 758 4SAR (702-758-4727)

As smassey said, these guys are not Metro, they are a local volunteer group that assists in searches for lost folks around red rock.

By Jeremy Hand
Mar 25, 2013
slopey

Here ya go, direct line to SAR
(702) 796-6000

EDIT I hope no one really calls that # in case of an emergency

By MTKirk
From Billings, MT
Apr 16, 2013
Me on Supercrack

For the record; the REAL LVPD search and rescue unit can be reached at 911.

EDITED for accuracy per Jim R's post.

By MattG.
Apr 16, 2013

VerticalUrge wrote:

lol, well played!

By Jim R
From Vegas!
Apr 17, 2013

MTKirk wrote:
For the record; the REAL LVPD search and rescue unit can be reached at 702 828 3567. I was told this is a 24 hour line, and that calling it direct might save time versus calling 911 (for Red Rock emergencies anyway).

DO NOT call this number if you have an emergency! It is a daytime weekday office number that may be answered by a pilot or a mechanic or a secretary or not at all. It will only ADD time and confusion when you least need it.

If you have an EMERGENCY, call 911 and explain that you need search and rescue (if you do). 911 here is operated by LVMPD and your call will be quickly routed to LVMPD SAR and get the ball rolling.

Jim

By MTKirk
From Billings, MT
Apr 17, 2013
Me on Supercrack

Sorry to add to the confusion, just repeating what I was told on the phone. I accept Jim R.'s statement as fact. Please disregard my quoted post!

Thanks