re-soleing in minnesota?

By Zach Joing
From Boulder, CO
Apr 8, 2012
Scarface Indian Creek
I'm looking to get a couple pairs of shoes re-soled but have yet to find where. Somewhere around the twin cities?

By fat cow
From Salinas, CA
Apr 8, 2012
perfect seam
haha not likely.

By jbird
Apr 8, 2012
There is not a place in the twin cities, when I lived there I would ship mine to rock and resole, (I think?), or the rubber room. Anyway the point is you have to ship them. rock and resole has an online form you fill out indicating what you want done and what kind of rubber you want them to use. It sucks loosing your shoes at this point of the season but they are pretty quick. I think they had mine a little over two weeks, in the off season. . . things might be different if they are busy.

Give them a call or shot them a message, I'm sure other people on here know way more about this topic than I do so you might get better suggestions but I would plan on shipping them to CO or CA. The sooner the better.

rubberroomresoles.com/

rockandresole.com/

By SlowTrad
From St Paul, MN
Apr 9, 2012
I live in St Paul...send them to The Rubber Room et al...there is no local place that will do it right.

By Steve M
From MN
Apr 9, 2012
Give a call to Thrifty Outfitters, they used to take shoes for resoling. I think they outsource the job, but you used to be able to drop them off there and pick them up again about 4 or 5 days later.

By jbird
Apr 9, 2012
There is no chance of getting your shoes back in 4-5 days from Thrifty, they simply send your shoes to the exact same places suggested above- and they don't send them in right away. The shoes might sit in the shop for a week before they even leave MN. If you want it done right take out the middle man and do it yourself.

By SlowTrad
From St Paul, MN
Apr 10, 2012
My personal experience with The Rubber Room has been nothing short of fantastic. Every winter I go to J-Tree, and summers the Black Hills and those places really chews up shoes. Tony and Nan have always had my shoes back to me within 30 days. Steve Komito in Estes Park also did a pair for me BITD and does an excellent job.

Thrifty doesn't do shoes, so you might as well send them yourself.

rubberroomresoles.com/index.ht...

By Zach Joing
From Boulder, CO
Apr 11, 2012
Scarface Indian Creek
Thanks ill give the rubber room a try! let you know how they turn out