Question on ratings of new routes at Foster Falls

By TNclimber
Apr 3, 2014
There are 2 new routes to the right of "Lynn's Route" on the face of the Right Bunker which are not in any guidebook. I was curious to know if anyone has an idea of their ratings. I climbed the route directly right of Lynn's Route which starts next to a tree, but not the furthest right one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

By Chris Watford
Apr 6, 2014
They must be really new. To be honest, I dont see how there is room for two routes to the right of Lynns Route. They have to be squeezed in pretty tight.

By TNclimber
Apr 6, 2014
Yes, Those routes are squeezed into the corner to the right of the tree at Lynn's route. The bolts all look brand new, but the anchors (at least the anchors on the one I climbed) are pretty old. Maybe they are old trad lines or top rope routes that have been recently bolted......

By Blake Allen Green
Apr 6, 2014
The top of Fingers in a Light Socket
I saw Bornhop and (probably) Moore putting up those routes sometime in the last 4 months. As for the disparity between anchors and protection bolts, it wouldn't be the first time those two bolted a trad line (see the bottom of Supersaturated), but I agree that I can't think of another reason that the anchors would be a different age than the other bolts. They obviously have enough hardware.

By Alex Whitman
Apr 6, 2014
Luxury Liner, Indian Creek
I did the line directly right of/behind the tree to the right of Lynn's Route yesterday. It was terrible. Even if it was clean it would have been terrible. I would have to say 10- unless you are short then much harder. Chop it.

By Blake Allen Green
Apr 7, 2014
The top of Fingers in a Light Socket
Sounds about right...

By TNclimber
Apr 7, 2014
Thanks guys. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that route sucked.

By Chris Watford
Apr 7, 2014
I was wondering if I was missing something...I knew that part of the face couldn't host anything remotely worthwhile. There was an old dirty trad/mixed/TR route there many many years ago. It was no good either.