Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
lorum ipsum dolor sit amet
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
   Page 1 of 4.  1  2  3  4   Next>   Last>>
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
 
By kilonot
Sep 13, 2012
It doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone.

FLAG
By kilonot
Sep 13, 2012
Sent from my iPhone.

FLAG
By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Sep 13, 2012
Bocan
ZachR wrote:
I have obfuscated certain profanities.


Sweet...word of the day.

FLAG
By dbrizzle
Sep 13, 2012
Who else wants popcorn?

FLAG
By kilonot
Sep 13, 2012
I don't think I misspelled that, did I? Genuine doesn't come across on the interweb...

FLAG
By Morgan Patterson
Administrator
Sep 13, 2012
Topo - Cliffs in Green
extra butter on mine, pls!

FLAG
By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Sep 13, 2012
Bocan
ZachR wrote:
I don't think I misspelled that, did I? Genuine doesn't come across on the interweb...


Nope that's correct...now I need to use that in a convo today. haha!

FLAG
By Brian Abram
From Columbia, SC
Sep 13, 2012
Brian Abram, leading pitch 2 of Dinkus Dog on the ...
This guy?:

facebook.com/erik.jezek

FLAG
 
By divnamite
From New York, NY
Sep 13, 2012
Popcorn! Now, someone should contact his employer and notify them that he's an unsafe person. Ahahahah!

FLAG
By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Sep 13, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Pea...
This is just a symptom of our phone addicted society.

FLAG
By Tom T
Sep 13, 2012
What kind of belay device was he using?

FLAG
By tenpins
Sep 13, 2012
Stich wrote:
This is just a symptom of our phone addicted society.

"it's all about me" - cant stay with commitment I made with my partner, _I_ must reply to a very important text. There are seriously weird dynamics and mechanisms in our society these days because of social media.

FLAG
By NC Rock Climber
From The Oven, AKA Phoenix
Sep 13, 2012
tanuki
Your attention please! The court of public opinion is now in session. Erik is now presumed guilty until proven innocent. Everybody gather round and pronounce judgement on Erik and make Zach feel like a good person.

IMHO, if you had a problem with his belaying, you should have said something to his face at the time. It did not have to be a big deal; you could have calmly communicated your concerns and moved on. Instead, you waited till you got home and sent out an angry e-mail filled with things you obviously did not feel comfortable saying to his face. Everything you have posted about this incident says just as much about your character as it does about his.

FLAG
By Dankasaurus
From Lyons, CO
Sep 13, 2012
+1 to Stitch. Here is a key sentence:

Toolbox wrote:
Sent from my iPhone.

FLAG
By Ben Brotelho
From Albany, NY
Sep 13, 2012
Epic free solo with a pack on
you did the right thing ZachR!

FLAG
By MojoMonkey
Sep 13, 2012
erik wrote:
Sent from my iPhone.


You probably just made him interrupt another belay to respond to your message.

FLAG
 
By NickinCO
From colorado
Sep 13, 2012
after the hard stuff, into cruiser hands.
NC Rock Climber wrote:
Your attention please! The court of public opinion is now in session. Erik is now presumed guilty until proven innocent. Everybody gather round and pronounce judgement on Erik and make Zach feel like a good person. IMHO, if you had a problem with his belaying, you should have said something to his face at the time. It did not have to be a big deal; you could have calmly communicated your concerns and moved on. Instead, you waited till you got home and sent out an angry e-mail filled with things you obviously did not feel comfortable saying to his face. Everything you have posted about this incident says just as much about your character as it does about his.


+1

Grow a pair.

FLAG
By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Sep 13, 2012
Got Milk? How about forearm pump? Tony leads "...
NC Rock Climber wrote:
Your attention please! The court of public opinion is now in session. Erik is now presumed guilty until proven innocent. Everybody gather round and pronounce judgement on Erik and make Zach feel like a good person. IMHO, if you had a problem with his belaying, you should have said something to his face at the time. It did not have to be a big deal; you could have calmly communicated your concerns and moved on. Instead, you waited till you got home and sent out an angry e-mail filled with things you obviously did not feel comfortable saying to his face. Everything you have posted about this incident says just as much about your character as it does about his.

It looks like you missed both the original context (where this community more or less demanded to know the name) AND the part where Erik admitted himself that he was guilty. Calling his guilt a presumption is a long fetch to make, don't you think?

In any case, I appreciate the warning. Not so much so that I don't accidentally climb with a serial texter, but moreso that the serial texter might have had their mistake firmly impressed upon them. Consequence usually does not motivate careless people to be more careful, but proving the accuser wrong does. And it has the same effect of correcting the behavior.

So this cost Zack a little social capital? OK, but it was worth it. I'd have outed the bad belayer as well.

FLAG
By caughtinside
From Oakland CA
Sep 13, 2012
The mystery that still burns is where the rope drag was coming from??? WHat was the phantasmal source????

FLAG
By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Sep 13, 2012
Bocan
caughtinside wrote:
The mystery that still burns is where the rope drag was coming from??? WHat was the phantasmal source????


The belay device. Zach was pulling the rope through the bend in the belay device with no feed.

Give it a shot at home. :O)

FLAG
By Morgan Patterson
Administrator
Sep 13, 2012
Topo - Cliffs in Green
may not be pretty or the way to make friends but ya I'd have said something online as well... it could mean the difference between someone getting hurt and not.

FLAG
By Tradoholic
Sep 13, 2012
This is so over-blown and lame.

FLAG
By T_jones
From Salt Lake
Sep 13, 2012
Fossil Family 12a, Rifle
What was the belay device?? No answer yet?

FLAG
By caughtinside
From Oakland CA
Sep 13, 2012
Scott McMahon wrote:
The belay device. Zach was pulling the rope through the bend in the belay device with no feed. Give it a shot at home. :O)


I feel that even if I was sexting with a bevvy of hot babes, I would still feel a leader trying to reef slack through a device on my crotch.

of course, if he ignored that it's even funnier.

FLAG
 
By kilonot
Sep 13, 2012
Sent from my iPhone

FLAG
By kilonot
Sep 13, 2012
Sent from my iPhone

FLAG


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 1 of 4.  1  2  3  4   Next>   Last>>