Post Awesome Trad Movies Here
   Page 1 of 13.  1  2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Feb 8, 2012
You stay away from mah pig!

It is a well-known fact that the bulk of climbing movies that are flooding the internets these days are bouldering videos. However, once in a while, some good footage of a gear route that I've always wanted to see in more detail comes out.

Post them here! Bonus points for lesser-known footage, or stuff that is not from widely-released climbing movies.

The Shadow, in Squamish (just posted on dpm.com today!):

Maya Smith-Gobat on Salathe headwall (I think I'm in love):

And, great footage of Matt Wilder on Pyromania (warning: I think this requires a subscription to deadpoint's "The Stash," and it also contains footage of belaying while holding a baby, which apparently pisses the internet off)

www.dpmclimbing.com/climbing-videos/watch/matt-wilder-climbi>>>

By Mike Nevko
From Currently Charlotte
Feb 8, 2012

that Squamish clip made my palms all sweaty

By Tom Mulholland
From #1 Cheese Producing State!
Whiskey-a-Go-Go

The Larry wrote:
Thanks Cammy, I was just getting ready to log out and go climbing. Now I can just watch climbing in the warmth of my house. :) OT

That video was real creepy.

By Alex Swan
From West
Rather Grand

By Nicholas Nall

By Adam Paashaus
From North Carolina
Feb 8, 2012
After you get done climbing be sure to head up to the summit for sunset. Its only a 10 minute walk from the main wall. Don't forget your headlamp.

Proper soul (14a) on gear.

By DFrench
From The Shrew, MA
Feb 8, 2012
Vervet Monkeys know which site is best.

Holy Shit. That guy climbing Proper Soul deserves mad props.

Thanks for posting that.

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Feb 8, 2012
You stay away from mah pig!

DFrench wrote:
Holy Shit. That guy climbing Proper Soul deserves mad props. Thanks for posting that. I was trying to find the video of Brian Kim on the FA of Monumantle in the Gunks but couldn't track it down, anyone know the one I'm talking about?

The pay site at dpm has it:

www.dpmclimbing.com/climbing-videos/watch/monumantal-13d-tra>>>

Here's another good one of Kim in the Gunks:

By Catherine Conner
From Phoenix, AZ
Contemplative-what is ahead?

This one is awesome:

By "H"
From Manitou Springs
Feb 8, 2012
Axes glistening in the sun

Come on I've got work to do!!!!

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Feb 8, 2012
You stay away from mah pig!

ok, ok, last one of the day, of one of my favorite routes ever! 2nd ascent of Welcome to Ol Kentuck at the RRG. Unfortunately, the audio got disabled.

By Will S
From Joshua Tree
Feb 8, 2012

Man, nice job Perkins on that. Proper Soul on gear, the way it should be.

By Dylan Colon
From Eugene, OR
Feb 8, 2012
Me fishing for gear on an onsight of Mung.  Photo by Gokul Gopal.

Pete Whittaker of Wide Boyz fame, climbing very hard and extremely bold at age 17, the age when I broke into the 5.8 grade on top-rope.

By Devin Krevetski
From West Woodstock, VT

The R series..

Looking forward to the rest

By kubes
From Littleton, CO
Feb 9, 2012
One of the most amazing sport climbs ever. Caveman (5.11d) on Thaiwand Wall, Tonsai, Thailand. The move above where I am is the crux, but stays pretty sustained the rest of the way. Awesome exposure and excellent moves the whole way.

this thread is awesome

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Feb 9, 2012
You stay away from mah pig!

Greatest Show on Earth, 13a, WV, FA Lynn Hill.

I am SO psyched that there is a video of this route now!

By DrApnea

By MattG.
From Palatine, IL
Feb 9, 2012
DevilsTower3

This one is great! EXCLUSIVE: Nick Martino on Utah Sandstone Horror

www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=365

EDIT: I tried putting the video up from Vimeo, but since it's private you have to view from the link.

By slim
Feb 9, 2012
tomato, tomotto, kill mike amato.

maybe someone with more skills than i can put up that video of nick martino on kansas city special. that one got my hands a little sweaty.

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Feb 9, 2012
You stay away from mah pig!

Dude, that line is beautiful! Wow.

By Aaron L.
Feb 9, 2012
Hiking in the Adirondacks

One of my favorite forums in a while. Thanks for all of these wonderful distractions! Here are a couple more:

This is one of my favorite clips, from the film "First Ascent" I believe:

I think this was posted in a forum a while ago, and is similar in style to the "Proper Soul" clip above:

And one I am sure a lot of you have seen, the FA of Cobra Crack by Sonnie Trotter:

By Mike
From Phoenix
Feb 9, 2012
Doing the jump-across off The Mace.  I never get tired of this climb.  Photo by Wednesday Hugus.

Dave Holliday wrote:
Great videos! What is the location and rating of the route that Nicholas posted (the Fear of Climbing)? Do I assume correctly that it's located at the Red River Gorge?

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Feb 9, 2012
You stay away from mah pig!

Mike wrote:
Great thread! Thanks for starting it. Unfortunately I have no awesome videos to contribute. +1. That climb looks great! I looked around a bit on the internet, & could find no info other than a bunch of links to that video. It looks like the RRG, but where & how hard? I would like to maybe give it a go some time when I'm back home. Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

It's still in a secret area. Ask Dario if you're really interested in checking it out.

By Mike
From Phoenix
Feb 10, 2012

camhead wrote:

It's so secret they put out a video about it?

Thanks for the info. I'll do that.

Page 1 of 13.  1  2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>