Possible Area by Mineral, WA

By RandyEL
From WA
Feb 27, 2014
Off route on the wall @ Smith.

I have heard rumors about a newish crag out between Elbe and Mineral that is just coming online. I want to go and check it out, but I know that its hidden off some old logging road. I know that it is far enough away and undeveloped so the beta is hard to come by, if the developers want to keep it under wraps for some time I understand. But with so much other stuff further north and east of the mountains I can't see it getting overrun. Thanks for any potential help, I might be left to explore it on my own sadly...

By David Stephens
From Spokane WA.
Feb 27, 2014
Sport Climber

Red Taged Whore
Red Taged Whore

By David Stephens
From Spokane WA.
Feb 28, 2014
Sport Climber

Mile marker 11...good luck

By jordand
From Seattle, WA
Feb 28, 2014
Climbing in Leavenworth, WA.

Wasn't aware that WA had any limestone sport routes. Looks pretty sweet!

By David Stephens
From Spokane WA.
Feb 28, 2014
Sport Climber

jordand wrote:
Wasn't aware that WA had any limestone sport routes. Looks pretty sweet!

Not on the Wetside there is no Limestone, this is Sandstone.

By Benny Hugh
Feb 28, 2014

If I were to go out there and find this magical place, are there any not red tagged routes that I could get on without pissing anybody off?

By RandyEL
From WA
Mar 1, 2014
Off route on the wall @ Smith.

From what I remember one of the guys telling me, there are still several projects that have yet to go free. This was last winter so things may have changed.

By David Stephens
From Spokane WA.
Mar 1, 2014
Sport Climber

One of the developers was telling everybody two years ago. At that time, I had the only project with a red tag on it. Someone other than myself took the tag down before I sent it. I live in Spokane, so after I sent the climb I named it "Red Tagged Whore" just for them. The other developers don't finish bolting there routes (missing bolts) and are happy just top roping them until they get wired and ready to fire. As far as I'm concerned the crag was opened up two years ago. There is maybe 12 routes with a few unfinished projects.

enjoy

By Loganator
From blue van, on the highway to no
Mar 1, 2014

I've been there! bring a broom, its sandy in the pockets. I remember a ~45 min hike up a road, then 10 mins of schwacking to get to the base. there is a warm up 5.9 on the far right, the rest are 5.10-5.11+ range. Do the 5.9, the rappel is sweet, and so is the view!

By RandyEL
From WA
Mar 1, 2014
Off route on the wall @ Smith.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the beta. I look forward to exploring and finding it!

By RandyEL
From WA
Mar 1, 2014
Off route on the wall @ Smith.

While we are all on the topic of climbing areas, does anybody know who is developing 'World Wall 2' in North Bend? I stumbled upon it once by accident while roaming about with my dog, and climbed there once with a friend of mine. I do not think that it is a big secret, more so that routes start at about 5.12b and there are not many climbers of that caliber in the area. Please pm me if you know anything, I don't want to go around spraying beta on its location if it is still on the dl.

By btustison
From Tacoma, Washington
Mar 1, 2014

I wish I could zoom a little closer on Google Earth, I think I see where it might be. So many bare clear cuts that it is hard to tell what is rock and what is dead trees.
I will have to explore in person over spring break.

By RandyEL
From WA
Mar 1, 2014
Off route on the wall @ Smith.

I am headed to look for it tomorrow with the old lady. I will let you know what I find. Unless of course you want to find it on your own, which is half the fun.

By dylanfllr
Mar 1, 2014

I think my buddy Heat might know. He says to hit him up.

By RandyEL
From WA
Mar 1, 2014
Off route on the wall @ Smith.

Oh no shit?! You guys wanna come to? My phone is dead as of right now, but I have been periodically checking on here. I think it'd be a good adventure and distraction from studying for a bit!

By Andrew Love
Mar 15, 2014
Joshua tree!

Mile marker 11 is very vague. I heard about this last year and have been trying to find it since then. It is the closest place to me and I would love to check it out if anyone could oblige me with some better directions it would be monumentally appreciated

By David Stephens