Please help support a great gear store

By The Governor
Dec 6, 2012

sorry

By Tim Zander
Dec 6, 2012

Craig Kuehner wrote:
Hey all climbers, this isn't spam, just a friendly post, posted in the correct board to say when anyone gets a chance take a look at www.eastridgeoutfitters.com and see all the gear that have in their store. If not then have a great day all.

You signed up today, and your only post is the above? I'd call that spam, or if not, an advertisement. I'm sure MP admins would be happy to have your store pay to advertise here.

By frankstoneline
Dec 6, 2012

Craig Kuehner wrote:
That was my next thing to find out. I have heard great things about this forum.

you're either delirious or talking to crazy folks.
abandon all hope ye who enter here.

By Gunkiemike
Dec 6, 2012

Craig Kuehner wrote:
That was my next thing to find out. I have heard great things about this forum.

You're asking about advertising? Something tells me you're more than just a satisfied customer of the business.

(I know, you never claimed to be just a friend/customer. But it's clear to me that you're an employee or owner. Hence, spam.)

(and another thing - this isn't "the correct forum". There is the For Sale forum for people selling things.)

By K Weber
Dec 6, 2012

Just check out Go Daddy and Who Is It.

Is that the same Craig and his email at the bottom?

who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?k=RGrLjHKXj+wS6POOXDNwfsj5dUs32v4>>>

Administrative Info: (FAST-16324696)
East RIdge Outfitters
Andy Notsure
8477 Allentown Pike
Blandon, Pennsylvania 19510
United States
Phone: +1.1610916077
Fax..:
Email: craig@cosmicktechnologies.com
Last modified: 2011-09-13 00:26:12 GMT

By MojoMonkey
Dec 6, 2012

K Weber wrote:
Just check out Go Daddy and Who Is It. Is that the same Craig and his email at the bottom? who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?k=RGrLjHKXj+wS6POOXDNwfsj5dUs32v4>>> Administrative Info: (FAST-16324696) East RIdge Outfitters Andy Notsure 8477 Allentown Pike Blandon, Pennsylvania 19510 United States Phone: +1.1610916077 Fax..: Email: craig@cosmicktechnologies.com Last modified: 2011-09-13 00:26:12 GMT

Looks to be the owner of the company running the East Ridge Outfitters website. Per his website, they do "search engine optimization". That must be what this is.

I wouldn't take it out on East Ridge Outfitters, the owner probably doesn't know what his web design company is doing on his behalf. I've met the owner (bought a pair of boots there about a year ago) and wouldn't think he'd have asked for spamming.

By Matt N
From Santa Barbara, CA
Dec 6, 2012
OTL

You're only allowed to promote your store when you offer MPers a special 20% or more coupon to use. Pretty sure its after Rule #1.

By Steve Williams