Partners Indian Creek late March

By Nick Weinberg
From Essex, NY
Feb 9, 2013

I think March 15th-22nd is a good time to climb at Indian Creek weather-wise, but I just wanted to confirm.

I was planning on doing some BC skiing in the Wasatch for a few days and then climbing at IC and maybe some desert towers for a few days. Do you think that will be a good time to find partners if I'm flying solo? I'm assuming there will be some folks there on spring break....

If anyone wants a climbing partner for a few days, let me know. I generally lead in the 5.8-5.11 range....depending on the day.....

By S Denny
From Carbondale, CO
Feb 9, 2013

weather in march is totally hit or miss. it will be getting busy around then for early spring breaks. be prepared to be humbled by the creek ratings/style. i might be around then but will prolly have partners. owning a big rack is an easy way to find partners, you can never have enough cams

By Joebright
From Ridgway, co
Feb 27, 2013

Weather is hit or miss but if it is shitty telluride is two hrs away. Fir pow and great sidecountry.
I live in Ridgway ,co and try to get to the creek as much as time permits.
If ya make it out I will come throw up sum ropes witch ya . I got a few faves at the cat and bulge walls

By Nick Weinberg
From Essex, NY
Mar 2, 2013

Cool, I will. Looks like there is also some decent BC skiing not too far away in the La Sal, Abajo, and Henry Mtns if the weather is crap for climbing.......

By Nick Weinberg
From Essex, NY
Mar 2, 2013

What's the best spot to look for partners? IC campground? Or is there a particular gear shop?

By doligo
Mar 2, 2013
Jose Cuervo Fruitcups dirtbag style

Creek Pasture campground is a good place to stay and find partners. You can also put a note on either or all the bulletin boards (one at Supercrack parking lot, one at Beef Basin and one at the Creek Pasture). Loitering around the Supercrack parking lot and asking people if you can join them is another option. If the weather really craps out and there is a front moving in, I'd just hang tight in the Wasatch - the snow gets baked pretty fast around here...

By Zhengmu W.
Mar 2, 2013
bbb

How will you get there? Driving? Flying?

By Joebright
From Ridgway, co
Mar 2, 2013

Gearheads shop has good people daily I have found partners there for Moab towers..

By Adam Pecan
From The Van, CO
Mar 2, 2013

Just stay at creek pasture and bring some beer. You will have no trouble at all.

By Nick Weinberg
From Essex, NY
Mar 9, 2013

So I will be in the area next sat thru mon(16, 17, and 18th), looking for partners. Ideally would like to climb some towers 2 days and IC one of the days. Any takers? Looks like I will stay at creek pasture, and as usuall I will bring beer. -Nick

By mac.mcconnell
Mar 12, 2013

I'm hoping to drive over Saturday 16 and can climb the 17. I don't have a partner lined up.
Mac

By Zhengmu W.
Mar 13, 2013
bbb

Anyone leave from Boulder/Denver on Sat 16th?