over night parking in Bo Can

By Jason Kaplan
From Glenwood ,Co
Jan 3, 2013
avitar pic <br />

I'm wondering specifically about castle rock cause I'm looking to set my new portaledge up on the aid roof and was curious if its possible to stay overnight. Thanks!

By Rick Mix
From Nederland, Colorado
Jan 3, 2013

Good question. I know the sign listing all the "nos" includes no camping. However, I don't think that would apply to being on a portaledge. Your best bet is probably to go for it, and deal with consequences as they arise. I don't think Boulder County OSMP has a plan for folks who are "Bivouac'ed", up on a wall. Could get a ticket for overnight parking.
Let us know when you'll be there so we can come heckle you!

yer gonna die!

By S Denny
From Carbondale, CO
Jan 3, 2013

you can't park overnight, Jon got in trouble for ice climbing at night one time. lameness. however, if you parked around Castle rock, I bet you'll be fine.

By Jason Kaplan
From Glenwood ,Co
Jan 3, 2013
avitar pic <br />

Word Steve, that's basically what I figured. I was a little skeptical about it though because I was soloing the aid roof one time in a snow storm and saw a cop roll through the parking area. Just trying to avoid imperial entanglement... Was hoping someone might know for sure. The no camping in bo can issue seems like a case against the plan. Damn police state.

By Chris Rinaldo
From Boulder, CO
Jan 3, 2013
Looking up at The Monk

You could take the bus or hitch-hike. (The N) Just drop your gear at Castle and keep heading up/down to Ned/Boulder and park the car. The bus fare is pretty minimal.

By Goodhue
From Boulder, CO
Jan 3, 2013

That road is possibly the easiest hitch-hike in the country. You'd catch a ride no problem and you'll avoid the possibility of a ticket.

By adam brink
From Boulder, CO
Jan 3, 2013
Arlo in all his magnificence.

Someone in a poptop camper has been parked at/camping at Castle Rock for over 6 months so their enforcement can't be that great.

By TBlom
Jan 3, 2013

Anyone who calls Boulder Canyon 'Bo can' should be ticketed and beaten. Regardless of when they climb.

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Jan 3, 2013
Bocan

Tevis Blom wrote:

Ummm...yeah people do call it Bocan, along with terms like "Eldo", "Ned" and "Lumpy". But I live in NoBo. Maybe it's just us. ;oP

By TBlom
Jan 4, 2013

yeah, the whole, nobo, sobo, bocan, naming scheme just kind of irks me... not sure why. {probably because it started around the time the canyon started being full at every turnout every day}
We used to just call it 'the canyon'.

By Jason Kaplan
From Glenwood ,Co
Jan 4, 2013
avitar pic <br />

I'm sorry tevis next the I will consult you before I decide to abbreviate. Also way to violate the #1 guideline, while providing no pertimant info towards the subject. Strong work there, you must have checked the thread out cause you had no idea what Bo Can stood for in the Colorado forum...

By TBlom
Jan 6, 2013

touche, John (or JoMar?)!
At least you get my sense of humor...

By Brent Apgar
From Out of the Loop
Jan 6, 2013
Me and Spearhead

Tevis Blom wrote:
We used to just call it 'the canyon'.

Saying THE Canyon around Boulder is like saying THE Valley.
Obviously Eldo is THE Canyon along the front range. ;)

By will smith
From boulder
Jan 6, 2013

Isn't it the other way around.
Eldo is Eldo and Boulder Canyon is the Canyon.