Not getting e-mail messages when someone posts on my threads!

By NYClimber
From New York
Apr 8, 2013
Awesome slab climb right out of the water! Rogers Rock, Lake George, NY. Summer 2013.

Does anyone know WHY suddenly I am NOT getting ANY e-mail notification(s) when someone PM's me or posts a reply on one of my threads, forum ads, etc?

Suddenly - they all stopped!

?????????????

By Tom-onator
From This Galaxy
Apr 8, 2013
Tom-onator

Check your junk folder.
I recently had problems that seemed to come out of no where!
For some reason my computer said "we noticed you didn't seem to want messages from this sender (MP) so we marked it as junk."
Thanks for almost costing me a good deal on some screamers microsoft!

By NYClimber
From New York
Apr 9, 2013

That's the first thing that I thought of - but NOPE - nothing in my SPAM folder!

???

Like you replying to THIS thread - I received NO notification at all that someone had replied to my thread!

By wivanoff
High Exposure

Did you check the box "Notify me with an email message when people reply to this topic? I don't think it's checked by default.

screenshot
screenshot

By NYClimber
From New York
Apr 9, 2013

Yes! I check it on EVERY posting!

I just don't get it!

???

By NYClimber
From New York

OK now,
this is weird! maybe b/c I went in and updated my profile just to see if THAT would make a diff - and even tho all my info IS still the SAME - I just received 2 e-mail notifications NOW!

Weird - but hey - as long as I am getting them again - that's all I care about!

: )

By wivanoff
High Exposure

NYClimber wrote:
Yes! I check it on EVERY posting! I just don't get it! ???

Well, I just got an email notification about your reply. So it's sending.

By S Denny
From Carbondale, CO
Apr 9, 2013

It's definitely not instant if that's what you're looking for. Usually sends about 1 email/day if someone replies to your thread

By NYClimber
From New York

S Denny wrote:

Gee, I used to get a message EVERY TIME someone replied to one of my threads!

Not now...might be AOL's server. Not sure what's going on. Like this reply of yours to my thread - I never rec'd an e-mail about it.

I used to get a e-mail message every few mins saying that someone replied to one of MY threads! Maybe it's an AOL thing being I switched from G.mail to AOL mail.

???

By Tom-onator
From This Galaxy
Tom-onator

I got one notification when I perhaps should have got 5? I will forward this information to Scully and Mulder from The X Files and see if they can look into it!

By NYClimber
From New York

Tom-O wrote:

LOL! I LOVED the X-Files TV series! Ha ha. made me laugh!

Yeah - I have a prior Microsoft degree and was a IT person before becoming a RN. Honestly - I can't figure it out from MY end and rectify what's going on. It has to be MP's server or somewhere going thru routers, maybe AOL itself. I dunno...

Damn!

By Alex Quitiquit
From Salt Lake City
meow

LOUD NOISSESSSS!!!

By NYClimber
From New York

Alex Quitiquit wrote:
LOUD NOISSESSSS!!!

TRUST NO ONE.

LOL.

By NorCalNomad
From San Francisco
Apr 9, 2013

Chill out and just check MP manually...

By NYClimber
From New York

NorCalNomad wrote:
Chill out and just check MP manually...

Oh I'm good. Prob is tho - if someone is TRYING to contact me about an item that I am selling or they are selling - I may never know it unless I keep logging in to check - and that's not very straightforward using my cell phone!