not following forums, but MP thinks I am

Feb 5, 2014
Skiing around.

How do I remedy this?

By Brent Larsen
From Spearfish, SD
Feb 5, 2014
EBM, 5.11a <br />Sunshine Wall, Spearfish Canyon. <br />South Dakota.

I am having this problem too. I have participated in a few of these forums but I want to know if there is a way to discontinue these notices when the thread gets boring or no longer relevant to my life. MP is a great waste of time and a great resource but some of these new features are really a pain in the ass. Sometimes I wish they would stop trying to improve something that already good enough.

By WDW4
Feb 5, 2014
Global Village, Red River Gorge KY

I have the same issue.

By John Wilder
From Las Vegas, NV
Feb 5, 2014

Darren in Vegas wrote:
I have not actively chosen to follow any forum threads, yet the new feature that shows when responses are posted the threads I follow thinks I am. Does simply posting to a thread automatically mean I am following it? I would like to use this feature to inform me when threads I am truly interested in are active, but not all threads I post to. How do I remedy this?

By CJC
Feb 5, 2014

Darren in Vegas wrote:
How do I remedy this?

quit posting

having same issue btw

By Brent Larsen
From Spearfish, SD
Feb 5, 2014
EBM, 5.11a <br />Sunshine Wall, Spearfish Canyon. <br />South Dakota.

CJC wrote:
quit posting having same issue btw

This is not much of a solution. Surely if we can put a man on the moon we can figure out a way to make this technology bend to our will. Is anybody out there more computer literate than I am? The fact that this post is going to appear on their notification tab is sure to ruin their day. How do we make this madness stop?

By Brent Larsen
From Spearfish, SD
Feb 5, 2014
EBM, 5.11a <br />Sunshine Wall, Spearfish Canyon. <br />South Dakota.

Rob Dillon wrote:
Delete all old posts.

This is a good idea but I have tried it. After I press the delete function it gives me some gobble-de-gook tek talk about not being able to complete the function or something. I've tried to delete several posts without success.

By Max Supertramp
Feb 5, 2014

yes, this is fairly annoying

By Nick Wilder
Site Landlord
From The Bubble
Feb 6, 2014
Personal Photo

I have turned off the notifications for topics that you replied to but are not following. I thought it would be good at first, but I haven't liked it much either. There might be a leftover in your notifications, but new ones should not come in (unless you're really following that topic).

By Nick Wilder
Site Landlord
From The Bubble
Feb 12, 2014
Personal Photo

You can now choose what notifications to receive: emails AND/OR icons on the web page (or none).