Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New
NH Ice Climbing Partner 12/22-1/6

By PatCleary
From Rohnert Park, CA
Dec 16, 2013

I'm going to be in NH for a couple of weeks around new years, and I'd like to get out and get on some ice. I'm just starting out, and it doesn't have to be anything impressive (although I wouldn't rule that out). I'm game to TR or follow routes, single or multipitch. All ice, mixed whatever. I'm looking to get out and learn.

I have boots/tools/crampons, as well as a couple of screws, a rope and some anchor gear. I'm temporarily locked out of the email account linked to this account, so PM's may or may not be seen.

By Tom Sherman
From Bristol, RI
Dec 18, 2013

Hey Pat,

I've been desperately looking for a climbing partner for 12/22. My issue is this is my second season, and I am still in the process of buying lead gear and rope. If you've got a rope and belay experience we can make this work! If you got enough screws we might be able to do a lead follow on something simpler.

I'm thinking Kinsman Notch or possibly Frankenstein, both should be in decent I hope, I'll check. Get back to me!

Also a friend of mine, experienced leader is looking for a partner 12/30, I'll contact him and see if I can put you in touch.

By PatCleary
From Rohnert Park, CA
Dec 18, 2013

I have rope and plenty of belay experience. I've done a fair amount of rock, just not much ice. The 22nd should work well for me. I have 7 screws, and if needed for something cool I'll buy more. 707.7SixSix.4922

By Matt.Zia
From Colorado Springs, CO
Dec 18, 2013

Pat and Tom,

I'm going to be back in NH for a bit too and am looking for an ice partner and possibly someone who'd be psyched on stuff up on Mt. Washington. Like you guys I'm just getting into leading ice but have a bunch of rock experience. I've got tools, rope and some screws. If you're willing to take a third, I'd be stoked to get out! Shoot me a PM if you want.

By PatCleary
From Rohnert Park, CA
Dec 18, 2013

Matt,

My cell number is up above, I can't respond to PMs right now but feel free to call/text. I'd love to work a summit of Washington in. If you want to go for one of the WI2-3 routes, I'm willing to take the risk leading pitches that easy. So far I have plans for the 22nd, Christmas, New Years, and the 6th, other than that I'm wide open (although there are a few unscheduled commitments). I don't have a car, that's my one constraint.

By Chris72
From New York, NY
Dec 18, 2013

Pat and Matt - Want to try to set something up for 12/28-29? I have a car, can go anywhere.

By PatCleary
From Rohnert Park, CA
Dec 18, 2013

I'd be game those days. Any thoughts on what/where you'd like to climb?

By Chris72
From New York, NY
Dec 18, 2013

I'm staying in North Conway. Was thinking maybe Crawford Notch? Willey's Slide? Open to anything.

By PatCleary
From Rohnert Park, CA
Dec 26, 2013

Chris and Matt:

Both of you guys responded about climbing this weekend. Does Saturday work for you guys?

By JS804
Dec 27, 2013

Hello there I'm new to climbing and looking for a partner. I have some TRing experience and have done a couple multi pitch climbs. Easy stuff tho. I have all my own gear and a TR setup. I enjoy meeting new people and eager to learn. I'm available 12/28 and possibly 12/29. I'm down for anywhere in the whites.

Josh

By Jamie Barclay
Dec 28, 2013

Hi All,

Am an experienced winter climber from UK visiting for a few days - keen to get out and do whatever conditions and weather allows. Free from 29th through to NY eve, then couple of days after that (leaving on 3rd Jan.

Have reasonable rack of screws, & mixed gear, not got any ropes.

Will lead up to 4/4+, keen for cragging, mountain routes, whatever is achievable.

Possibly have transport - based in New Durham NH.

Any ideas welcome - happy climbing!

Jamie

By Bogdan P
From Boston, MA
Jan 3, 2014
Titcomb basin, after climbing some practice cliffs

Hey guys, I'm looking for a climbing partner for Sunday (1/5). If any of you guys are interested send me a message. I'd be most interested in some ice cragging at some of the places around Mt Washington. Not opposed to more ambitious projects, but the avalanche forecast and weather in the area don't look great.

I have a TR setup and my own ice gear, but not enough to lead with. I also have a car and am based in Boston.