New Petzl gear 2013

By Price
From SLC, UT
Jul 13, 2012

Looks like the ultra-classic Spirit carabiners are getting a face lift. Only 39g makes them almost as light as the Ange.

www.petzl.com/en/outdoor/new-2013-products/climbing?utm_sour>>>

By bearbreeder
Jul 13, 2012

www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Climbing/Carabiners/StraightGate/PRD~>>>

39g solid gate, already available, and cheaper than pretzels ...

By randy88fj62
Jul 13, 2012
Thunderbolt Peak in the Palisades

Petzlís new Sirocco helmet is 48% lighter than the BD Tracer I have. Thatís pretty impressive on paper.

By Jake Jones
From The Eastern Flatlands
Jul 13, 2012
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after a day of cragging.

Looks like a botched circumcision though. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

By rgold
From Poughkeepsie, NY
Jul 13, 2012
The traverse out to the Yellow Ridge on the Dogstick Ridge link-up.  Photo by Myriam Bouchard

That new helmet is 27% lighter than the Meteor III, which is even more impressive.

It is ugly. I sure hope they make it in colors other than international orange.

By JustinJD.
From Denver
Jul 13, 2012

Jake Jones wrote:

Great...now that is all I can see when I look at the picture....

thanks....

By Some Random Guy
From San Francisco, CA
Jul 13, 2012
Man in black

Jake Jones wrote:

that's what i thought BUT there is everything wrong with that!

By Tony T.
From Denver, CO
Jul 13, 2012
Getting up the Great Dihedral on Hallet Peak, RMNP.

JustinJD. wrote:
Great...now that is all I can see when I look at the picture.... thanks....

Ugh, seriously though. That looks terrible. I'm sure it's a great helmet, but it looks strikingly similar to what one would speculate is Jabba the Hut's member.

Everything else looks great! The harnesses look especially tempting.

By NYClimber
From New York
Jul 13, 2012
Awesome slab climb right out of the water! Rogers Rock, Lake George, NY. Summer 2013.

Can't say that I am impressed with anyhting I saw there!

BD all the way!

By NorCalNomad
From San Francisco
Jul 14, 2012

lol

Kinda a cool look with the monochromatic harnesses though.

By Price
From SLC, UT
Jul 15, 2012

C Blank wrote:
lol "The H-shape reduces the weight of the SPIRIT carabiner (39 g) in order to maximize weight reduction on long sport routes." Kinda a cool look with the monochromatic harnesses though.

Lol?

By Price
From SLC, UT
Jul 16, 2012

Got to see a Sirocco this weekend. Not as horrid looking as you might imagine, but the international orange is a little flashy for me. Crazy light, that's for sure.

By NorCalNomad
From San Francisco
Jul 17, 2012

Price wrote:

btw international orange has more red in it :P