Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New
New Niagra ice climbing lines are...

By Meme Guy

From Land of Runout Slab
Meme guy

Fuckin awesome!

By NorCalNomad
From San Francisco
Jan 10, 2014

Anyone have photos of climbing it yet?

By Meme Guy
From Land of Runout Slab
Meme guy

Nope, but this is pretty cool www.summitpost.org/phpBB3/once-in-a-lifetime-ice-t49032.html

By David Tapke
Jan 10, 2014

seriously, did anyone get on that? there had to be a line on it somewhere. I'm no ice climber but that just seems like it screams once in a lifetime opportunity

By Martin le Roux
From Superior, CO
Stairway to Heaven

David Tapke wrote:
seriously, did anyone get on that? ...that just seems like it screams once in a lifetime opportunity

Maybe the lifetime of a small rodent. It also froze in 2007, 2011 and 2012.

www.snopes.com/photos/natural/niagarafalls.asp
www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2014/01/09/no-nia>>>

By Amadeus
From Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Jan 10, 2014
Me and Pasha on Reveil Matin in Chongkurchak, Kyrgyzstan.

Would you need a passport to climb these? Ok obviously joking, but wow, thats pretty amazing.

By Garret Nuzzo-Jones
From Salt Lake City, UT
Jan 10, 2014
Cleaning up in Jenny Lake.

David Tapke wrote:

Yeah once in a lifetime because you'd get halfway up and it'd collapse on you.

By Kirby1013
From Baltimore Maryland
Me eating a cliff bar walking back from Frankenstein Amphitheater

Garret Nuzzo-Jones wrote:
Yeah once in a lifetime because you'd get halfway up and it'd collapse on you.

If I made it to the top I would name the route " Niagara Balls"..

By Woodchuck ATC
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

something tells me the whole area is OFF LIMITS by the park system of both countries. You can't even legally boat up close to the falls, above or below in good weather. Probably could be thought of as a terrorist threat these days, as those tools are pretty sharp and dangerous. Wonder how often they have ever frozen up top to bottom for a day or so?

By Woodchuck ATC
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

David Tapke wrote:

I konw the feeling,,,our local 'ice park' formed a rare ice climb once in about 85 that lasted a week, and another rare one in 2010 that was up for a few days to climb. Was lucky enough to nab a climb on both of these rare opportunities. We waited almost 30 years for the 'Virgin' to ever form all the way for a climb,,,it was sweet !

By Meme Guy
From Land of Runout Slab
Meme guy

Kirby1013 wrote:
If I made it to the top I would name the route " Niagara Balls"..

5 star classic!

By Tom-o Sapien
Conky and I confront Patrick Swayze

brah
:^)

By Woodchuck ATC
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

Tom-o Sapien wrote:
If I lived 1600 miles closer I would call in sick for the week, ninja in somehow and climb the fk out of that like Swayze's mythical wave from the movie Point Break brah :^)

With or without the Nixon face mask on?.....but I know where you're coming from dude'......