New: MP on your Facebook profile

By Nick Wilder
Site Landlord
From The Bubble
Aug 2, 2008
Personal Photo

If you're in to Facebook, you can now put your Tick List and your To Do list from Mountain Project directly on your Facebook Profile. It will automatically update when you make changes on MP.

You can add it from the About Page on Facebook

By icsteveoh
From salt lake city, UT
Aug 2, 2008
white gold at maple.

gives me errors...

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'FacebookRestClientException' with message 'Invalid parameter' in /mp/sandboxes/versions/build-161-0/site/lib/apis/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php:1520 Stack trace: #0 /mp/sandboxes/versions/build-161-0/site/lib/apis/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php(1520): FacebookRestClient::call_method() #1 /mp/sandboxes/versions/build-161-0/site/lib/apis/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php(554): FacebookRestClient->call_method('facebook.profil...', Array) #2 /mp/sandboxes/versions/build-161-0/site/lib/apis/facebookSimpleApi.php(55): FacebookRestClient->profile_setFBML('
/mp/sandboxes/versions/build-161-0/site/lib/apis/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php on line 1520

By Legs Magillicutty
From Littleton
Aug 2, 2008
Function over fashion.  My newest pair of climbing shoes.

It looks like I added the applicaiton but my ticklist and todo list do not show up.

By Nick Wilder
Site Landlord
From The Bubble
Aug 2, 2008
Personal Photo

It works for me, and I can't test your situation since I can't get into your FB account. Maybe try again, and if it doesn't work, and you're willing to help me debug it, send me a message and we'll get it to work!

By George Vigeon
From Bend, OR
Aug 2, 2008
Fixing ropes on Space Shot in the dark.

Try deleting the app and reloading it...1st time round didn't work for me either.

Thanks for the new app btw...

By Mark Cushman
From Cumming, GA
Aug 2, 2008
Profiley Styley

The install worked for me the first time.

I like it, but can we get the list a little compressed? It takes up some vertical space and some of the items could be put on the same line, like:

Recent Climbs - Showing 8 of 206. See them all

The list of ticks/todos could have a smaller gap between lines.

Good work!

By cstorms
From North Bend, OR
Aug 3, 2008
poking out of the crash pad

i think i added it as well, but cant get the tick list to show up

By Robert 560
From The Land of the Lost
Aug 3, 2008
Secret Crag

I just tried and it seams to work fine.

By Marc H
From Lafayette, CO
Aug 3, 2008

"Witness the wonders of Facebook.com"

By Andy Librande
From Denver, CO
Aug 3, 2008
Me in the Buddha Cave at crumblewood a while ago.

"Witness the wonders of Facebook.com"

HAHA...so true

By Nick Wilder
Site Landlord
From The Bubble
Aug 3, 2008
Personal Photo

I just updated the app:
- much tighter formatting
- more details visible (only if you have the box in the "wide" part of your profile)
- an update link (visible to you only, not your friends), which will manually update the data (I don't think the automatic updating is going to work).

Some of you report no Todos visible. It looks like you don't have any set on Mountain Project?

Please update your profile by click here:
apps.facebook.com/mountainproject/?action=update

By Nick Wilder
Site Landlord
From The Bubble
Aug 4, 2008
Personal Photo

Okay, hopefully last update for a while:

If you already have it installed, go here: apps.facebook.com/mountainproject/
AGAIN, (yes, again), we will capture your Facebook ID and from then on, we'll automatically update your Facebook Profile once per day (in the middle of the night) with any new ticks/todos you add on Mountain Project.

If you don't have the app installed on Facebook yet, go here:
www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=11749012187

By cstorms
From North Bend, OR
Aug 4, 2008
poking out of the crash pad

i have been trying to get this ticklist to show up, and still no luck.

apparently it is installed on my facebook, cuz when i click that link it brings me to my tick list, but how do i get it to show up in the profile?

By cstorms
From North Bend, OR
Aug 4, 2008
poking out of the crash pad

hey nick i think i figured out my problem. it seems that the mountain project application wasn't working on the "new" facebook so i switched it back to the "old facebook" and now it works just fine..nice work, cool program.

By icsteveoh
From salt lake city, UT
Aug 5, 2008
white gold at maple.

cstorms wrote:

ditto

By Darren Mabe
From Flagstaff, AZ
Aug 6, 2008
wham bam hand jam. Wrapping up the final moves of Twist of Fate, Oak Creek Canyon. <br /> <br />photo: Blake McCord

"MyMProjSpaceBook"

By Scott Bower
From Fort Collins, CO
Aug 8, 2008

cstorms wrote:

How did you switch to the "old" facebook? I'm having trouble finding that option.

By icsteveoh
From salt lake city, UT
Aug 8, 2008
white gold at maple.

top left

By Brad "Stonyman" Killough
From Alabama
Aug 16, 2008
Starting the second section of Live to climb another day

It worked fine for me.

By Rob Kepley
From Westminster,CO
Aug 16, 2008
Yosemite Valley..

what the heck is "facebook"?