New Indian Creek book

By Fred Knapp
Mar 11, 2009

The second edition of David Bloom's Indian Creek: A Climbing Guide will be available in late April. If you're heading out for Spring Break, Sharp End is offering an ebook and a Spring Break special: pre-purchase the print book and get the ebook for free. www.sharpendbooks.com

By oldfattradguuy
Mar 12, 2009

Fred Knapp should be banned from writing and/or publishing guidebooks to a state he does live in. he should also be banned from Utah!

He will disregard what the locals have to say.

By tenesmus
Mar 12, 2009

keep it up Fred. I like the sexy pictures and the 'mother of all charts' thingy.

By RMH
Mar 20, 2009

I for one am psyched for a new Creek book.

oldfattradguuy wrote:
Why can't you Coloradans just stay in your own state? You've already ruined enough areas here in Utah.

I guess it's all of us with green plates he doesn't like

oldfattradguuy wrote:
why can't you out of staters GO FUCK UP YOUR OWN STATE and leave utah alone!

Actually, it's everybody but Utahans

By budman
From Moab,UT
Mar 20, 2009
LCC

Buy the book, don't buy the book, don't really care. Come to Utah, don't come to Utah, don't really care. But if your at the Creek cough up 2 dollars a day for the Friends of Indian Creek and help keep access, camping, and climbing the way it is. It has changed enough over the years. So says the Fiend of Indian Creek, The Budman. Oh yes, I am not a Friend of Indian Creek just another Moab low life. The opinions stated are mine and mine alone. See you at the Creek! Cheers!

By Daniel Winder
Mar 9, 2013

Couldn't find it anywhere else, so resurrecting this thread:

If you pre-order the new edition of David Bloom's Indian Creek guide you get the current edition free as an e-book. It looks like the new edition is camalots sizes which is nice.

stores.sharpendbooks.com/-strse-23/Indian-Creek-cln--A-Climb>>>

By slim
Mar 10, 2013
tomato, tomotto, kill mike amato.

i ordered the book, but didn't get a link for the ebook. i thought maybe they email it with the confirmation, but it wasn't with the confirmation. anybody know how to get the ebook?

the ebook is a great idea, i hope they keep it. it is really nice to be able to print up a set that you take to the crag. you can keep the book in good shape, and save the coffee stains/blood/mud for the printed sheets.

By S Denny
From Carbondale, CO
Mar 10, 2013

they will send the ebook separate from the confirmation. my guess is there is no one in the office on the weekend. They sent my ebook real quick. I bet you'll get it tomorrow.

By notmyname
From Stony Brook, NY
Mar 10, 2013

fyi the ebook will be the old edition - not mentioned well on the website

By Gargano
From Oakland, CA
Mar 10, 2013

Just ordered and received the ebook an hour later via separate email.

By slim
Mar 18, 2013
tomato, tomotto, kill mike amato.

definitely disappointed that the PDF is just the old PDF, which i already have.....

By Greg G
From SLC, UT
Mar 19, 2013
The route in it's entirety.

so what's the difference between version II and version III of the doctors books? sizing changes to camalots, and a few new routes?

By Andrew Mayer
Mar 19, 2013
top of mt. lady washington - rmnp

Greg G wrote:

Basically. But if I remember correctly, it was a pretty good number of new routes. Wish I could remember the exact number Fred told me (can't find the old e-mail). Definitely more than "a few" in my mind.

By slim
Mar 19, 2013
tomato, tomotto, kill mike amato.

i heard around a 100 or so. i'm not sure if i am sold on the rack descriptions in camalots. obviously this would be preferable if the lists were made while climbing with camalots, but converting friends to camalots seems like it coulc end up with some problems.