new boulder counts as a new area? but new crag with 3 new bolted routes doesnt?

By Eric Schwartz
From Big Sky, MT
Jul 6, 2013
Red Cliff Campground....I guess I am just not hip enough to add a new area? No i did not bolt it, but I did not see any qualifications stating 'must know who bolted it and have there blessing to be deemed worthy to add it to our high and mighty list of all routes' Just kinda disappointed to see a boulder on the way to lava lake be deemed worthy of being considered a new area, but 3 new routes on a totally different cliff band than the main wall not be considered a new area? I suppose I will here it from all the keepers of the secret flame for even trying to show a little bit of excitement about a couple of new routes at my local crag.

By Chris treggE
From Madison, WI
Jul 6, 2013
Egghead
Eric, you'd be better off sending a message to the area administrator and asking the question directly. I'm not sure how many of the area administrators regularly read this section.

FYI "Tom Erickson" is an access fund guy, and although he is listed as administrator for that area, I'd send your message to the other guy listed.

By Rob Dillon
Jul 6, 2013
Imagine how he acts when something important goes wrong.

By MHLeitch
Jul 6, 2013
"Our contact system is second only to poor area descriptions" as I read on I couldn't help but laugh at how awesome that admin's response was.

By Jon Marek
From SLC
Jul 6, 2013
gossamer
+1 for admins clearing out the junk...so many times i wish i could completely re-write route and area descriptions.

P.S. it seems to me that unknown new routes at a Boulder crag that you have not yet tried to climb is better left as a forum discussion, like, "anyone know anything about these new routes..."

By slk
From Reno, NV
Jul 6, 2013
me
Good god, call the waaambulance.

You must not be hip enough...

By Eric Schwartz
From Big Sky, MT
Jul 6, 2013
As for up to date info based on actual experiences, I give you a resounding 'Ha!'. Much of the info regarding red cliff is dated and slightly inaccurate. Thank you all for being way superior and better than I, simply trying to update my local crag, I will send them this weekend bra and give you the super beta. Call the waambulance now while a slap, crawl and toprope my way up.

By Eric Schwartz
From Big Sky, MT
Jul 6, 2013
and @rob? important? climbing? Although it is a fun distraction climbing is in no way important, though many people sure think it is, it is just an extremely good way to waste time, just like skiing.

By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
Jul 6, 2013
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV
...

By slk
From Reno, NV
Jul 6, 2013
me
Wow, you're sure putting a lot of energy into that choss pile... ;)

The waaaambulance is on its way...

By Charlie S
From Ogden, UT
Jul 6, 2013
Cams above the arm bar moves on Three Pigs in a Slot, Indian Creek.
It's probably for the misuse of here and there.

mountainproject.com/v/misspell...