Need climbing partner(s) in Portland area

By MelC
Aug 23, 2014
I just moved back to Portland and I'm trying to find people to get outside with me on weekends. I mostly boulder (moderates) but I do enjoy getting out on ropes, too. I can lead 5.10- easy 5.11 and have a lot of experience lead belaying. I have my own gear and rope so I just need a partner at this point! I'm open to trad but have only followed a couple times. Let me know if you're interested!

Melissa

By ramaryanarnet
Aug 25, 2014
I've been in Portland for a little while now and have been wanting to get out with partner(s)/friends too. Sounds like we climb similar level on rope. I have more interest in doing this than bouldering outside tho I go to the circuit some. Not sure how our schedules will line up as my weekend days off are more tues/wed.
Hit me up if you want to explore this possibility
Ryan
208-315-3663

By darrell
Aug 25, 2014
Hello. I get out most every weekend and am always looking for more folks to climb with. I'm at 503-983-4539.

Enjoy,
Darrell

By Alfalfa
Aug 27, 2014
I'm a fairly new climber, I've done some indoor climbs and am ready to move on to outdoors. I just got some new gear for outdoor and want to put my skill to the test. Need a partner or a group to climb with. Maybe we can all climb together. Text me if you're interested.

By Lis Cordner
From Corpus Christi, Texas
Aug 30, 2014
Hello! I'm new to the area and also looking to get on some rocks, been off of climbing for a while but when I was climbing I could TR in the 5.10 range, and I've lead a couple 5.8/9ish routes in Southern California. I also have a crash pad. I live up near Longview, WA but definitely am willing to come down to the Portland area to get in some climbs! My weekend is Fridays & Saturdays.

Lis
203-273-6542

By Eric Elsewhere
From the Netherlands
Sep 10, 2014
hi

I'm in Oregon for a couple of weeks: Sept 24 - Oct 10, and I'm looking for climbing partners to go outdoor climbing with. I'm thinking about staying out there for like a long weekend or a (short) week, so we can rest and explore as well as climb.

I'm from Amsterdam, so I'm not sure if the grading is correct, but I reckon we use the french system back home where I'm climbing 5B+/5C indoors (5.9 in US grading?) in Thailand this last spring I was attempting 6A(+).

I've got my harnass and shoes with me, and also carabiners and an ATC.
no rope or quickdraws.

indoors I climb mostly toprope, but was leadclimbing in Thailand.
I'm an experienced belayer in both.

Eric.