Need a Bishop Rental for Thanksgiving

By germsauce
Sep 5, 2012
Hippos kill people
Places to rent in Bishop???

Some good friends from around the country and I have decided to meet up for Thanksgiving week in Bishop for some bouldering and fun. Our plan is to rent a place for the week we can all sleep/cook/shower/hang out in while were not out climbing.

I'm getting shut down on all fronts and the latest told me that you can't do a house rental for less than 31 days in Inyo County. BS! We're respectful folk, and willing to put up some good $$ for a nice situation not more than 30 minutes from the climbing. Please PM me or respond if you have any beta that can assist the search.

Thanks kindly.
-Jeremy

By generationfourth
From Irvine, CA
Sep 6, 2012
That's going to be hard to find. I would maybe go for a motel– it could actually be cheaper. Mountain View motel has good rates during the week (not sure about thanksgiving though) and they have rooms with a kitchen in it.

By Zirkel
From Bishop, CA
Sep 6, 2012
Owens Gorge.  Mt Tom in background.
Agree that short-term rentals (less than 30 days) in Bishop will be difficult to come across. Mammoth is better set up to accommodate short-term rentals with their diverse condo base and a seasonal influx of tourists with money to burn.

Might check the local Bishop Coldwell Banker office. They put out a really great rental list each week:
bishoprealestate.com/RENTALS.p...

There's also a local residence near Manor Market called The Zoo that might be able to accommodate, although I don't know anything about it. As the previous poster mentioned, a week at a hotel might be just the ticket. Would recommend trying this place:
bishopvillagemotel.com/

IMHO Bishop is RIPE for a place like this:
crashpadchattanooga.com/

By germsauce
Sep 6, 2012
Hippos kill people
thanks Zirkel

By tim maloney
Sep 6, 2012
try vrbo.com (vacation rental by owner), there are a couple bishop listings.

By germsauce
Sep 7, 2012
Hippos kill people
thanks Tim, tried those, but they either aren't available and/or only rent by the month. strange rules in Inyo.

I think we might go with this one company that will bring a big RV/trailer out to the campground of your choice so we can still relax in style when were not out bouldering.

By Mark Kahrl
Sep 10, 2012
We have a fully furnished rental studio efficiency in Chalfant that will be available, contact me if interested. mark@kahrlconsulting.com

By Mark Kahrl
Sep 10, 2012
Here's some pictures and info for the rental, it is current available for T-Giving . chalfant.rockandroadrealty.com...

By Jay Shultis
From Blacksburg VA
Nov 26, 2012
Deciphering the top!
WHo is the company that will bring out the RV? Link?

By germsauce
Nov 26, 2012
Hippos kill people
adventureincamping.com

By susan peplow
From Joshua Tree
Dec 6, 2012
Beer Anyone?
Fantastic in town 1920's farm house with original wood floors, wood burning stoves, 3 bedrooms, deck & hot tub! Available for nightly, weekly or perhaps even monthly rental. This is a sweet place with Craftsman architecture and extensive woodwork, the perfect mix of old-time homey and modern conveniences. Plus you can't beat the location for access to the local scene, eateries & markets. Easy commute to anything and everything Bishop has to offer.........Buttermilk, Druid Stones, Tablelands, ORG, Pine Creak, Little Egypt............

Also perfect for trips to Mammoth skiing too. Interested?? Contact me through the site or karinecroft@owensvalley.com with your head count & dates of interest. If contacting Karine, be sure to tell her "The Farmhouse".