My smokin hot wife and I are gonna check out Italy
   Page 1 of 4.  1  2  3  4   Next>   Last>>

By s.price
From PS,CO
 Morning Dew ,self portrait
Any advice for what we should see or do off the beaten path?
Any climbing that really tickled your fancy? Best time of year? Pebble wrestling to long routes in the peaks, we love it all.

By Hank Caylor
From Golden, CO
Yoda
Mt. Brento... So how smokin' are we talkin'? Taking mine to Spain next week.

By Ryan Williams
From London (sort of)
El Chorro
Should we all exchange pictures?

By Ezekiel Thornton
From Akron, Ohio
Top of Castleton
yeah post them up

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Mar 14, 2012
You stay away from mah pig!
I agree that this thread is useless without pics. Oh, and pics of my hot wife are in my profile.

By Woodchuck ATC
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008
agree that the 'smokin hot' phrase must be followed by quality pics to prove the point. post up!

By Sam Lightner, Jr.
From Lander, WY
The Shield
Mine, looking hot.

Looking hot  near Axalp
Looking hot near Axalp

Looking  hot while hydrating in Lauterbrunnen
Looking hot while hydrating in Lauterbrunnen

Looking hot on P2 of Lord of the Thais
Looking hot on P2 of Lord of the Thais

Looking hot while on some local chunk of choss
Looking hot while on some local chunk of choss

Looking hot in the Tetons
Looking hot in the Tetons

Looking hot on Hintisberg
Looking hot on Hintisberg

By Darren in Vegas
From Las Vegas, NV
Skiing around.
Nice work Sam. I must compliment you on your taste...but can she do this?
my smoking hot soon to be wife doing stuff that captures the imagination.
my smoking hot soon to be wife doing stuff that captures the imagination.

my smoking hot soon to be wife doing stuff that captures the imagination.
my smoking hot soon to be wife doing stuff that captures the imagination.

my smoking hot soon to be wife doing stuff that captures the imagination.
my smoking hot soon to be wife doing stuff that captures the imagination.

Sorry to hijack this thread.

By dorseyec
Mar 14, 2012
^To be honest, that is kinda gross...

By Sam Lightner, Jr.
From Lander, WY
The Shield
I'm not sure if mine can do that, but I'm gonna get her to try.
For what its worth, I dont' think this thread is completely hijacked.... this is what I came to it for.
As per the original question, Dolomites, September. I have not been to the Brenta... just the areas near Cortina. In my opinion you can give Arco a pass for steeper, smaller cragging areas (and less polished)

By Sam Lightner, Jr.
From Lander, WY
The Shield
^To be honest, that is kinda gross...

I disagree, and you only say that cus she is wearing clothes.

By rpc
Mar 14, 2012
head for the Tre Cime di Lavaredo group - beautiful cluster of steep peaks (this is the stuff you see on most postcards from the dolomites) with many long classics...eg. Spigolo Giallo on Cima Piccola (14 pitches, 5.9ish), North Face/Comici on Cima Grande (16 pitch, 5.10), Cassin on Piccolissima (12ish pitch 5.10) + many more that I have not done (Cassin on Cima Ovest has been a dream).

on the downside, the whole area is just stupidly expensive (even compared to the rest of dolomites)...it'll cost you 20 Euros (each time! these are 2010 prices) to drive up to Rifugio Auronzo where the real bleeding starts (key beta: preshower somehwere or you'll find out how expensive water is in that part of Italy LOL). There's another refuge (forget the name, "lavaredo"? "tre cime"? or some such) that requires you to walk 15 minutes.

By Bob Dobalina
Mar 14, 2012
Ok, Ok,... You BOTH have hot wives!

By dorseyec
Mar 14, 2012
This post violated Rule #1. It has been removed by Mountain Project.

By Josh Janes
Mar 14, 2012
Guys: I'm doing my best to keep the crap out of this thread and keep it positive, if not on-topic. Let's just stop now before this becomes yet another train wreck. Thanks!

By Sam Lightner, Jr.
From Lander, WY
The Shield
Well done, moderator.

By frankstoneline
Mar 14, 2012
I dont know about climbing, but I enjoyed hanging out in sicily, i thought most of it was less touristy than the usual destinations, gorgeous and relatively inexpensive.

By Andy Laakmann
Site Landlord
From Bend, OR
Mar 14, 2012
Racked and loaded... name that splitter behind me? Hint, its on Supercrack Buttress
Great photos Sam!

Fingers are crossed that this thread stays on the... new.... topic....... ;)

By dorseyec
Mar 14, 2012
Am I not allowed to say I think its a little bit sad that guys have to post pictures of their wives to brag/seek some sort of validation from an online community? Am I not allowed to have that opinion? I feel bad for the wives... just saying.

By Andy Laakmann
Site Landlord
From Bend, OR
Mar 14, 2012
My smoking hot wife on Moonlight Buttress.... we climbed it for our 10th anniversary.

Moonlight Buttress
Moonlight Buttress

By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Mar 14, 2012
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after a day of cragging.
Never been climbing in Italy, I started climbing years after I was there, but I have been all over the southern half. You have your typical touristy stuff which is cool, Pompeii, Florence, Pisa, Venice, The Vatican and surrounding museums and chapels. Sardinia (Sardigna) was a really cool island that had a different atmosphere than the mainland. I never got to go to Sicily, but I imagine it's different as well. The island of Capri- especially for the Mrs. will be a good time. Tons of shops and small cafes with reasonable prices, and most of them are located on a twisty/switchback roadway that goes up the mountain. I recall having the best time in Naples though. Although I have to admit that was at a point in my life when going on benders was not uncommon. I wouldn't get caught there too late at night. The good thing is, that when you're not climbing, there is plenty of stuff to do, and travel between the cities is relatively cheap because most of them are tourist avenues. Watch out for the drivers there. They are all in training for the Indy series, and they won't hesitate to pummel you and then downshift. Have fun. Italy is cool.

edit* Oh, and sorry about the off topic bullshit post earlier. I felt compelled. I probably shouldn't. I'm still getting a handle on this filter thingy.

By Darren in Vegas
From Las Vegas, NV
Skiing around.
dorseyec wrote:

I am not seeking validation from an online forum. However, if you think it is sad that I am psyched about my lady, then I am guessing you have not enjoyed a relationship like the one I have. I hope that you find someone that does it for you like she does for me.

By dorseyec
Mar 14, 2012
This post violated Rule #1. It has been removed by Mountain Project.

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Mar 14, 2012
You stay away from mah pig!
dorseyec wrote:
^To be honest, that is kinda gross...

You are delusional.

Oh, and this thread is awesome.

My wife rules (even though Tim Stich can't standz her!)

She climbs sport (photo by Mike Anderson)

cracks

Wide

And goes bouldering while wearing elf ears.

By mike1
Mar 14, 2012
Only A col-rad would name a thread this! Supprised he did not post a picture of his junk. Noticed most pics outside colorado and in Utah and Wyoming- serious case of crag envy ????

By dorseyec
Darren in Vegas wrote:

Thats great you are psyched about your lady friend but I don't think this entire website needs a picture of her sticking out her pubic bone at us. Probably something that should be kept between the two of you...

Page 1 of 4.  1  2  3  4   Next>   Last>>