Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New - School of Rock
Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
MTN PROJECT DECLINE
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
   Page 1 of 7.  1  2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
By P LaDouche
From CO
May 13, 2010

Its quite apparent, any solutions?

Mine is no n00bs, period. Have a special section for n00bs, keep them out of the general population.

I used to REALLY like this site as someone who has climbed for 20+ years, now it seems to be just like RC.com and that is sad. Such a great database, so much potential to expand instead of decline...

Or change the name to MTN n00b...


FLAG
By Ripped
From No Fear, CO
May 13, 2010
God, I have preety muscles.

I don't know what n00bs means, but I assume it means skinny dudes. I'm with you there.
All you skinny little bean poles should leave the extreme sports to us men.


FLAG
By BenCooper
From Wyoming
May 13, 2010
Washer Woman and Monster Tower.

What, specifically, are "n00bs" doing to the site? I honestly ask this out of a lack of knowledge of their supposed mishaps and failings. It seems to me that much of the crap that has ridden MP in recent months has stemmed directly from trolls.

It's still a great site with great info. Remember, we were all noobs once. If someone is a noob and just wants to learn, we can't really judge, can we? Just give 'em a push in the right direction.

Oh...damn, did I just fall into the trap I just wrote about?


FLAG
By England
From ?
May 13, 2010
Alpine toothpick.

LaDouche.... Seems fitting!


FLAG
By Ripped
From No Fear, CO
May 13, 2010
God, I have preety muscles.

ben kenobi wrote:
It seems to me that much of the crap that has ridden MP in recent months has stemmed directly from trolls.

Trolls? No trolls on MP.


FLAG
By Ripped
From No Fear, CO
May 13, 2010
God, I have preety muscles.

LaDouche, why do you have to rip on RC.com? Everyone on there seems pretty extreme to me. I would totally work out out with any of those dudes.
MPers seem like the types that wouldn't even wear their baseball cap backward, let alone climb with there shirt off.


FLAG
By Ted Farley
From Bozeman, Mt
May 13, 2010
Bellying on the Wedge.

Ladouche is a troll. nailed it.


FLAG
By P LaDouche
From CO
May 13, 2010

I'm sorry, I guess I just liked the site a shit ton better a year ago. Now its just filled with a bunch of retards and people that want to seem like really cool retards. Wow, look at me, I climb 5.13 sport after 50 tries and now I'm a MASTER(admin). Look at me, I can name quotes from climber I have never met, WHOOOPEE! Look at the picture I stole from someone, arent I cool? Look at me with my ice axe and long hair, arent I a bad ass?
Look at me, I walk on the left side of the road, I'm with it.Look at me, I just cross posted the exact same thing I just read on another site, WOW arent I cool! Look at me, I once masturbated to Lynn Hill and came all over my R&I issue #58, cool. Look at me, I know how to stick my finger in a crack and twist it, let me tell you how its done! Look at me, I used a gri-gri to free a top rope cause I didnt have a partner cause I'm a cum depository! Look at me, I live in CA and want to tell you east coasters to STFU, I'm so cool. Look at me, my mommy pays my bills therefore I'm a useless POS!

bad attitude? maybe
nice site in decline? yep

I take the n00bs out more than most, I teach but never over the internet, never. Its not right, its not safe and its just wrong. Out with the n00bs on Mtn Project or this site will hit the shitter in no time.


FLAG
By Ted Farley
From Bozeman, Mt
May 13, 2010
Bellying on the Wedge.

we should start checking papers like they do in arizona.


FLAG
By Finn the Human
From The Land of Ooo
May 13, 2010
Mathematical!

Man, chillax. If you are so upset, then stop coming here. No one wants to hear you complain. I happen to like this site quite a bit.


FLAG
By Todd Savoy
From Flagstaff
May 13, 2010
Peaks

I thought forums such as this one were created so that climbers could help one another. Without "noobs" on MP, whether they are "noobs" to the "sport", a crag, a city, or a style of climbing, there wouldn't really be a need for a forum. Oh yeah, it could be here for rants and put downs...


FLAG
By P LaDouche
From CO
May 13, 2010

Taylor Ogden wrote:
Man, chillax. If you are so upset, then stop coming here. No one wants to hear you complain. I happen to like this site quite a bit.


Momos tend to like it here.


FLAG
By Finn the Human
From The Land of Ooo
May 13, 2010
Mathematical!

P LaDouche wrote:
Momos tend to like it here.


I don't even know what that is supposed to mean.

Anyways, I'm done feeding the troll. Have fun wasting time on the internet :D


FLAG
By Mishel
From Littleton, CO
May 13, 2010
Work it Girly!

Misery loves company?


FLAG
By P LaDouche
From CO
May 13, 2010

Taylor Ogden wrote:
I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. Anyways, I'm done feeding the troll. Have fun wasting time on the internet :D

I'm with you, have fun yourself momo
. nobody lives in Utah and doesnt know the word unless they are deep in the cult.


FLAG
By Ripped
From No Fear, CO
May 13, 2010
God, I have preety muscles.

P LaDouche wrote:
I'm sorry, I guess I just liked the site a shit ton better a year ago. Now its just filled with a bunch of retards and people that want to seem like really cool retards. Wow, look at me, I climb 5.13 sport after 50 tries and now I'm a MASTER(admin). Look at me, I can name quotes from climber I have never met, WHOOOPEE! Look at the picture I stole from someone, arent I cool? Look at me with my ice axe and long hair, arent I a bad ass? Look at me, I walk on the left side of the road, I'm with it.Look at me, I just cross posted the exact same thing I just read on another site, WOW arent I cool! Look at me, I once masturbated to Lynn Hill and came all over my R&I issue #58, cool. Look at me, I know how to stick my finger in a crack and twist it, let me tell you how its done! Look at me, I used a gri-gri to free a top rope cause I didnt have a partner cause I'm a cum depository! Look at me, I live in CA and want to tell you east coasters to STFU, I'm so cool. Look at me, my mommy pays my bills therefore I'm a useless POS! bad attitude? maybe nice site in decline? yep I take the n00bs out more than most, I teach but never over the internet, never. Its not right, its not safe and its just wrong. Out with the n00bs on Mtn Project or this site will hit the shitter in no time.

It's OK, bro. Not everyone is as extreme as us. I can tell that you are also extreme (and probably pretty buff) by the way you are annoyed by others. Other people annoy me to.
I got really annoyed the other day when I was at the gym. I was totally crushing this extreme route (the one with the blue tape) and everyone was totally watching me as I screamed and grunted my way up. Out of nowhere this skinny little dweeb makes a crack about me to his friend; something about me having my shirt off or something. Maybe it was the 'roids, maybe it was all of the testosterone I have, but I totally snapped. I got on RC.com immediately after I got home and bitched about it.


FLAG
By P LaDouche
From CO
May 13, 2010

Ripped wrote:
It's OK, bro. Not everyone is as extreme as us. I can tell that you are also extreme (and probably pretty buff) by the way you are annoyed by others. Other people annoy me to. I got really annoyed the other day when I was at the gym. I was totally crushing this extreme route (the one with the blue tape) and everyone was totally watching me as I screamed and grunted my way up. Out of nowhere this skinny little dweeb makes a crack about me to his friend; something about me having my shirt off or something. Maybe it was the 'roids, maybe it was all of the testosterone I have, but I totally snapped. I got on RC.com immediately after I got home and bitched about it.

bad ass dude, takin it to the next level like a true internet gangsta I see


FLAG
By England
From ?
May 13, 2010
Alpine toothpick.

I've got plenty of time on my hands at the moment. Would you like to go climb something??? Send me a PM, and I would be happy to climb with you, anytime, and anywhere. I must warn you, I'm just a n00b, and will need to rely on your experience.


FLAG
By P LaDouche
From CO
May 13, 2010

England wrote:
I've got plenty of time on my hands at the moment. Would you like to go climb something??? Send me a PM, and I would be happy to climb with you, anytime, and anywhere. I must warn you, I'm just a n00b, and will need to rely on your experience.


will you do the pose for me?


FLAG
By Ripped
From No Fear, CO
May 13, 2010
God, I have preety muscles.

P LaDouche wrote:
bad ass dude, takin it to the next level like a true internet gangsta I see

Do you want to go out?

I mean out to the gym to crush some extreme routes...


FLAG
By Said
From Boulder, Co
May 13, 2010
Top of the 3rd pitch of Touchstone at Zion NP.

P LaDouche wrote:
Look at me, I once masturbated to Lynn Hill and came all over my R&I issue #58, cool.


+1


FLAG
By P LaDouche
From CO
May 13, 2010

Yeah, I see the problem, it is already Mtn n00b. Oh well, I tried!

Seriously, how many times can you tell someone what your favorite cam is? really? how many times can you tell someone who your favorite resoler is? when do you draw the line and say look motherfucker, just fucking search the archives?

and then there is the tool who is constantly asking about buying shit he will never use... I know the type oh so well. gearwhores are the worst sprayers imaginable.


FLAG
By P LaDouche
From CO
May 13, 2010

Ripped wrote:
Do you want to go out? I mean out to the gym to crush some extreme routes...
sorry, I only TR the same route over and over again at the gym. its crushed.


FLAG
By kBobby
From Spokane, WA
May 13, 2010

P LaDouche wrote:
Such a great database, so much potential to expand instead of decline...

Have you contributed anything? A route? Photos? Anything?


FLAG
By P LaDouche
From CO
May 13, 2010

Bobby Hanson wrote:
Have you contributed anything? A route? Photos? Anything?

you are looking at it Bobby, I bet you are involved in the cult as well arent you?


FLAG
By Phillip Morris
From Flavor Country
May 13, 2010
1234

Its been all down hill ever since the halcyon days of Sven Lavransen and the pleasure of the flash.


FLAG


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 1 of 7.  1  2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>