Mt Tammany Del water gap in winter

By Adam Fernandez
From Matawan NJ
Feb 6, 2013
Pinnacle Gully in the background

Has anyone here ever climbed any of the routes in the gap in full on winter conditions? I know it can be a choss pile but it's close to home so interested in any info anyone has.

By Michael C
From New Jersey
Feb 7, 2013
Mt Minsi, PA

Done plenty of cold weather climbing there and have brought my tools along before but never used them. Would be interested, especially for mixed/dry-tool lines in some of the gullies and chimnies. I know hardly any locals who have ice gear or an interest in climbing in winter conditions. On the PA side there is a lot of potential (Wine Coulier, Grunge Wall, Minsi Flume, and Minsi Curtain). So I am sure the Jersey side has stuff too.

By Adam Fernandez
From Matawan NJ
Feb 7, 2013
Pinnacle Gully in the background

Im extremely interested and have gear etc. if you want to shoot me an email maybe we can talk about checking out some lines?

By Larry S
Feb 7, 2013
The wife and I road-trippin on the Connie.

PA side main cliff is closed for falcon nesting unfortunately, so Wine Coulier and Grunge Wall are out for now. They usually nest by Osprey/Heroin Hypnosis. I sent an e-mail over to Al at the NPS last week asking about the possibility of a partial closure, since they nest pretty far down the cliffline. I've not heard back.

By Michael C
From New Jersey
Feb 7, 2013
Mt Minsi, PA

Adam, I'll send you a PM.

Larry, good call about the "partial closing" since the ice routes aren't anywhere near where you say the falcons nest.

By Adam Fernandez
From Matawan NJ
Feb 7, 2013
Pinnacle Gully in the background

Well after this weekends storm the conditions could be a blast so hopefully there is some potential.