Moving to Santa Rosa, need some information

By Dan Ruch
From Sebastopol, CA
Jul 7, 2013
Annunaki

Hey everyone, I am moving from Utah to Santa Rosa for a new job that starts July 22nd. I will be trying to just camp out/live out of the truck until I get a paycheck or two and was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere with free/cheap camping or somewhere I can sleep in my truck without being hassled too much. Unless any of you climbers out there know of a temporary room for rent...?

Also, I'll be looking for new climbing partners once I arrive so let me know if you're looking for someone to climb with. Trad, sport, bouldering, gym at night, love it all.

Thanks guys, looking forward to joining a new climbing community

Dan

By PatCleary
From Rohnert Park, CA
Jul 8, 2013

Welcome to the area. I don't know about a good spot to live out of a truck. I suspect there are spots where you'll be fine if you keep a low profile.

Vertex is the local gym, worth checking out. A lot of us try hard to get out on the weekends, so you can typically find someone to climb with. There's also a decent group of people with weird schedules if you want to climb mid-week.

Pat

By Kevin Soleil
Jul 9, 2013

Hey Dan,

I too have moved from Utah to Santa Rosa (by way of Tennessee)... Anyway Vertex is the hub like Pat said. Give me a shout and I would be happy to go climb with you and show you around.

You could try Spring Lake park for camping parks.sonomacounty.ca.gov/Get_Outdoors/Camping.aspx

It's probably more than you need, but would be a good solution for a few nights and it's right in Santa Rosa.

Kevin

By Kevin Soleil
Jul 9, 2013

Also the Rock, Ice and Mountain (RIM) club meets the first tuesday of the month at 7pm Round Table Pizza in Santa Rosa. This is also a great way to meet up with other climbers.

By Kevin Soleil
Jul 10, 2013

Also found this today thought you might be interested...

www.watchsonomacounty.com/2013/07/cities/lawsuit-aims-to-leg>>>

By splitclimber
Jul 10, 2013

I was about to post that article here too. :)

Dan- come out to the next RIM club meeting. If someone meets you they would be more likely to put you up or let you camp in their yard.

www.rockicemountain.org/

By Dan Ruch
From Sebastopol, CA
Jul 10, 2013
Annunaki

Thanks for the information everyone! I definitely plan on heading to the climbing gym very shortly after my arrival. The RIM club sounds like a good idea too. Hopefully ill be seeing you guys climbing soon. Thanks again!

By Jake Spurlock
From Saratoga Springs, UT
Jul 13, 2013

I moved to Santa Rosa from Utah, two years ago, too... If you want some cheaper camping, maybe with a shower or too, check out all of the camping along the Russian River. It's beautiful.

By slk
From Reno, NV
Jul 13, 2013
me

Just walk straight into Russian River Brew Co. and order a Pliny.

Everything else will work itself out... :)