Moving to Edwards/Avon/Vail Area

By Blake M
Dec 3, 2012
Hi,

I will be moving to the Edwards/Avon/Vail area this January for a internship and will be looking for a room to rent. This would be either starting the first of February or around the 12th of Jan. Any suggestions would be great.

Also I will be looking for rock climbing partners in the area. I prefer to climb sport but I will also go trad climbing (I don't know what the rock opportunities are there during the winter).

Thanks
-Blake McCord

By Evan S
From Erie, CO
Dec 3, 2012
Me, of course
All can be expensive, but are great places to be. I would recommend maybe Avon as it will keep you slightly west of the the full reach of the front range hoards, and slightly east of the weirdness that is the Eagle/Gypsum valley.

By W. Spaller
From Boulder
Dec 4, 2012
Profile Pic
Im in Vail this winter. PM me.

By JVW
Dec 4, 2012
whoa! Whats weird in Eagle besides affordable gas, groceries and housing? Plus, the best winter rock climbing is closer to Eagle. If you like living in Disneyland type resorts then by all means move to Vail or Avon, if you like down to earth people and real communities try Edwards or Eagle.

By JVW
Dec 4, 2012
Evan S wrote:
and slightly east of the weirdness that is the Eagle/Gypsum valley.

BTW Evan, have you looked at your pictures?lol

By Blake M
Dec 4, 2012
JVW wrote:
Plus, the best winter rock climbing is closer to Eagle.

Where is the best winter rock climbing?

By T.L. Kushner
Dec 4, 2012
i live just down I-70 in winter park. i'd love to do some climbing with you. I'm pretty new to the area so my local knowledge isn't as plentiful as a lot of the people here but from what i understand clear creek canyon offers some pretty good oppurtunities for year round climbing.

By T.Dailey
From Avon
Dec 5, 2012
Morning #1 of 25
Blake M wrote:
Where is the best winter rock climbing?

Glenwood Springs on the Puoux Wall for sport climbs of all grades and about halfway between eagle and Vail are the sandstone cliffs of Wolcott. It's all here on MP.