Movies about climbing or that have climbing in them?
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By Sunny-D
From SLC, Utah
Top of Jah-Man Sister Superior

I am looking for movies that are about climbing or have climbing scenes in them?
Alien vs. Predetor
Cliff Hanger
K2
Vertical Limit
Seven Years in Tibet
Eiger Sanction
Failure to Launch
For your Eyes Only (James Bond)
Third Man on the Mountain

I know there are a ton out there and I need MP'ers Help finding them.

By Peter Franzen
From Phoenix, AZ
Belay

The Descent has some climbing in it.

By Jeremy Monahan
From Fort Fun, CO
View of Longs Peak from Mt. Alice, RMNP

www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi143130905/

By Erik W
From Bay Area, CA
Dec 1, 2009
North face of Ama Dablam - taken on approach to Kongma La.

The Mountain. Cool movie to watch... much better than the standard crap about climbing. Although Eiger Sanction was cool too.

By Daniel Trugman
From Los Alamos, NM / Stanford, CA
Dec 1, 2009
Final steps up Blanca after a snowy traverse. <br /> <br />Photo by Jason Halladay.

Mission Impossible 2 has a (free-solo) climbing scene at the beginning.

By Buff Johnson
smiley face

Star Trek!!

By Adam Block
From Tucson, AZ

Jeremy Monahan wrote:
Take It To The Limit. Possibly the worst movie I have watched, this cinematic excretion redefines cheesy, and takes toproping to new heights of ridiculous. www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi143130905/

Seriously, that's a real movie? WTF!

"Up 5% in popularity this week. See why on IMDbPro."

My guess would be because of your post!

By Will Butler
From Boulder, CO
ice park

Scrapple has some great scenes of climbing on the Ophir Wall outside Telluride. One of the best mountain culture movies ever.

By Woodchuck ATC
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

Double Jeopardy....several movies took that name, but this one has I think a Judd sister in it. Opening scenes with a dumbass climbing disaster again....and then they stole the same idea for Vertical Limit a couple years later. Must be hard to find original material when it comes to a hollywood climbing movie.
AND you can't forget the awesome episode of Seinfeld where George and Kramer go rock climbing. Kramer in lycra, that's worth it alone.

By John Bradbury

Guns of Navarone
Seven Years in Tibet

By Mark Cushman
From Cumming, GA
Profiley Styley

Deliverance

Mr. and Mrs. Smith - Angelina Jolie shows how EXTREEM she is by rock climbing on her "vacation"

By Aimee Bates
Gripped...

Pretty sweet climbing by Matthew Mcconaughey in Failure to Launch. Lol.

By James Beissel
From Boulder, CO
Ghostride da whip!

nobody mentioned "Everest"
(not the documentary, the one with William Shatner and the guy from 90210)

By Jim Gloeckler
From Denver, Colo.
Dec 1, 2009

One other bond movie when he is buildering in Vegas with a gun that shoots pitons. Forgot the title.

By Jerry W
From Rapid City, SD
AWWWW YEAH!!

"Cerro Torre: Schrei aus Stein", by Herzog no less.

Strange movie; not great. If it hadn't been 11:00 pm in Nipigon in March I probably would have tried to find something better to do. Lots of great footage of Stefan Glowacz soloing though. www.imdb.com/title/tt0102855/plotsummary

By Chris Wenker
From Santa Fe
Bandera

The White Hell of Pitz Palu

The Wonderful, Horrible Life of Leni Riefenstahl

By KevinCO
From Loveland, CO

'Five Days One Summer'

www.imdb.com/title/tt0083947/

The only one i could think of that hasn't been listed. (Which Bond movie has the climbing scenes on the conglomerate towers in Greece?)

...except for maybe 'Alive' and 'Seven Years in Tibet' and 'Nordwand'

'The Mountain' is a classic (and it teaches you to use gloves while hip belaying).

By cjdrover
From Somerville, MA
Dec 1, 2009
Taken at MWV Icefest 2014.

The Cave - Trad leading underground, and I can't remember, but there might even be ice climbing, too. Oh, and mutated Spetznaz devil creatures.

By J mac
Zermatt

I saw an episode of MacGyver where he uses tent stakes for petons! Awesome.

By Jeremy H

Fever Pitch

www.imdb.com/title/tt0332047/

By R. Moran
From Moab , UT
REtro

Anything with Ron Jeremy. I have climbed sport routes shorter than that.

By Dave Cummings
From Grand Junction, CO
me on my redpoint

K2 is the only movie I have seen where the climbing is really well done. If you haven't seen it go watch it now. It is about the first two americans to climb K2.

By Jim Sweeney

Sunny,

Does it need to be humans? Cause Frodo and Gollum do some climbing in the Lord of the Rings. The second installment if I remember correctly.
It looked mostly like 4th class stuff, but I've heard that Gollum could pull down some numbers when he roped up.

gollum on lead
gollum on lead

By Woodchuck ATC
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

Dave Cummings wrote:

?? K2 the well known hollywood movie, or some climbing film/ documentary? The hollywood one is well known, and based on a 2 man one act play from about 3 years before the film. It mainly focused on the inner thoughts, lives of the 2 climbers in their struggle to survive afer a fall and injury. Even the on stage version had realism, where they created a 40 ft. high awesome styro 'ice wall to climb and the actors did real climbing with real gear. Often they called in local climbers to check for realism or gear loans to create the scene. I helped in such a way with a local Jr.college who presented K2 in their programs one year.

By Chase Roskos
From Boulder, CO
The Raven - Shelf Road

White Water Summer www.imdb.com/title/tt0094318/

By Old and Busted
From Centennial, CO
Stabby

Chris Drover wrote:

That was The Descent, already mentioned. The trad climb scene looks to me as an actual "pitch", albeit in a cave over an abyss. Best depiction of rock climbing in a commercial flick.

The cave demons are a metaphor for sport climbers, btw.

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>