Mountaineering Boot Fitting in North East?

By DGreen
Mar 3, 2014

By divnamite
From New York, NY
Mar 3, 2014
The Mountaineer in Keene, ADK does a good job.

By JCM
From Seattle, WA
Mar 3, 2014
I would maybe contact the Mountaineer in Keene Valley, NY. Really great shop. I know that they are well known for ski boot fittings, and would imagine that they would also fit a mountaineering boot. Keene Valley is a bit out of the way, but worth the trip up there if you can squeeze in a few days of Dacks climbing.

Edit: Simulpost with above. Sounds like the Mountaineer is the place.

By csproul
From Davis, CA
Mar 3, 2014
Summit of Wolf's Head with Pingora in the backgrou...
DGreen wrote:
I am looking for a place that will help me fit my Sportiva Olympus Mons. Neptune mountaineering in boulder helped me do this with my spantiks a few years ago. Mostly they helped mold the inner boot. I know I can look up directions on the internet and do it myself but i'd rather not mess up a $1000 boot. I'd go back to neptune in a second but I live in New York and can't make it to CO. Anyone know a place that will do this on the east coast? Washington, DC to New Hampshire?

The good news is if you do mess it up, the Spantik and Olympus have the same inner boot so you can just swap!

By Max Forbes
From Burlington, VT
Mar 3, 2014
IME in North Conway carries them last I was in there, not sure how well they would be able to fit them but some of the guys there are incredible climbers.

By DGreen
Mar 3, 2014
csproul wrote:

Great point! I can just use the spantiks liners for now and get the new ones fitted when i'm back out in Colorado or up near Keene.

Thanks

By mbakerwh
From Gallup, NM
Mar 3, 2014
IME in North Conway. AMAZING service there.

By Dan Felix
Mar 3, 2014
If IME can't/won't do it then they will know who can.

By Christopher G
From New Hartford, NY
Mar 4, 2014
Adirondacks
The Mountaineer does sell the Olympus Mons boot. I'm sure with a boot of that caliber, they're capable of providing a "perfect" fit. Great bunch of guys/gals that work there!

By Nate K
From Bozeman, MT
Mar 4, 2014
dirt bagging around cody
another vote for IME. GearX or climb high in VT might be able to help too but theyre not nearly as specialized as ime

By DGreen
Mar 4, 2014
Thanks for all the replies

By Nick Votto
Mar 4, 2014
Bolton, VT
Outdoor Gear Exchange in Burlington for sure, then IME

By Dave77
From Watertown, NY
Mar 4, 2014
me in NH
Another vote for the mountaineer in keene valley!

By Tom O'Shields
Mar 5, 2014
Brian Deely in Washington D.C. is the best boot fitter on the East Coast and maybe in the U.S. He has a little shop outside of DC in Leesburg, Va. I think it is called Pro-fit or something like that. Find him. You will be a happy customer for life.