Mom Climbs W/ 2 Yr old on Her Back

By "H"
From Manitou Springs
Axes glistening in the sun

I can't see the child on her back in the photo. She's toproping with her 2 yr old on her back. Part of me thinks "That's cool as sh$%." But part is thinking "WTF." I have 2 kids and I don't think I would do this. Climbing with my 2 Yr old

By Joseph Lascurain
From Salt Lake City, Utah
Smith Rocks

Mom climbs with 2 y/o on back.
Mom climbs with 2 y/o on back.

By Joseph Lascurain
From Salt Lake City, Utah
Smith Rocks

You had to click the link on the page to see the photo. Top roping yes, doesnt look like much of a harness for the kid.

By Graham S
From Riverside, CA
Mt. Whitney

Better than this:

Baby tossin'
Baby tossin'

By coldfinger

Nice tattoo.......

By "H"
From Manitou Springs
Axes glistening in the sun

Nothing like a good baby toss!!!

By Ben Beckerich
From saint helens, oregon
About half way up the East Arete on Illumination Rock

Quit worrying about what other people are doing and watch your own line.

By Mike V.

By brad nyman
From irvine, ca
el rito

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Jan 31, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.

Why the hell can't we catch any actual bad parents in the act? All of these Photoshop jobs are just ruining everything.

I love the baby toss one the most, though. It just has that certain je ne sais pas. Perhaps it's the look of determination in dad's eyes that he will catch baby.

By Dan Austin
From San Francisco, CA

brad nyman wrote:
"For those that don't know, this image is a photoshop: twistedsifter.com/2011/02/born-free-baby-tossing-photoshop " The first pic in the link appears to be photoshopped as well. Check out the white behind the bag. Does anyone have a pic of the real original?

Haha that's amazing. The combination of the great, if trite, photoshops with the realization that the so-called original is actually clearly doctored is just too good.

By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Jan 31, 2012
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after a day of cragging.

Jesus, just get a weight vest. Attention whore.

By Mike Anderson
From Dayton, OH
Jan 31, 2012

Well, you can tell by the tat and the farmer tan on Dad that they are white trash, so what do you expect?

That, and the baby on her back....

By Buff Johnson
smiley face

Mike V. wrote:
For those that don't know, this image is a photoshop:

dammit. that was classic, better than a pug-chuck

luv the shark attack & the vapor cone

By MegaGaper2000
From Indianola, Wa
Jan 31, 2012
the dragon's tail, or dragon's tooth, or whatever. And me.

Ben B. wrote:
Quit worrying about what other people are doing and watch your own line.

By Old and Busted
From Centennial, CO
Stabby

Phil and Lauren (11 days old) Pickett on the start of the Nautilus Traverse
Phil and Lauren (11 days old) Pickett on the start of the Nautilus Traverse

By Monomaniac
From Morrison, CO
Feb 1, 2012
Insurrection, 5.14c.  Photo Adam Sanders.

Mike Lane wrote:

I see he has sunglasses for himself, but not his daughter.

By Chris D
From the couch
Feb 1, 2012
Sign near the Third Flatiron

All of these people should be locked up and they should throw away the key, including the photoshoppers.

IT'S THE ONLY SANE SOLUTION!

Someone call CPS!! AAHHH!!!

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Feb 1, 2012
You stay away from mah pig!

brad nyman wrote:

So, the numerous articles on that photo (www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2094305/Menna-Pritchard-26->>> got fooled by the photoshop?

There was a photo series last year, I can't remember where, of a mom and dad doing a moderate multipitch, I think in the Needles, CA, and each of them were carrying a baby on their back. Anyone remember that?

It seems pretty sketchy, mostly because the baby really is not harnessed in, and baby backpacks are not really made for rock climbing.

By JoeP
From Littleton, CO
Feb 1, 2012

I think the photoshop reference was to the baby tossing pic.

I remember the couple climbing in the Needles with the kids, that was pretty crazy as well. Same deal, parents with brain buckets but the kids without. I'm pretty sure that guy was/is an MP user.

Personally, no way. I'm not sure about the kid backpack in the photo, but the one we have for our son doesn't have a restraint system that would make me feel comfortable climbing with him in it. I'm pretty sure the shoulder harness just velcros in on the back...if the pack tipped past a certain angle with any force, I'm pretty sure kiddo could fall right out.

Edit: now that I look closer at the pic above, the kid doesn't appear to have anythign over his shoulders to hold him in. Crazy.

By Jason Halladay
From Los Alamos, NM
Feb 1, 2012
Climbing at the Belvedere crag near Nago with a great view of the northern end of Lake Garda and the town of Torbole sul Garda below. June 2013.

It all looks safe compared to "baby yoga" (a.k.a. dynamic gymnastics).

By M Sprague
From New England
Feb 1, 2012

That's why Russians are so tough! An American baby would probably rip in half so they need to be kept floating in a warm saline solution until they are 12 and a half.

A better link:

By JoeP
From Littleton, CO
Feb 1, 2012

johnL wrote:
Am I irate or jealous?

That she lives in a pink yurt?

By ryan dillon
From Tucson, AZ.
Feb 1, 2012
guardian of owl rock

We use one for riding.

Dirt Scootin
Dirt Scootin

By MegaGaper2000
From Indianola, Wa
Feb 1, 2012
the dragon's tail, or dragon's tooth, or whatever. And me.

Love the guys in scuba gear. For a second I thought someone called russian special forces on the crazy moms. Spetsnatz! Drop the baby or the baby gets it!