Misty Mountain is a great company

By "Canada" Eric Ruljancich
From Tucson, AZ / Vancouver, BC
May 12, 2013
Mt Gimli, Valhallas, BC, Canada
These guys have awesome products and superb customer service.

I recently purchased a Misty Mountain Bolt Harness and it is one of the lightest and most comfortable harnesses that I have used. Everyone knows they make serious comfy big wall harnesses, but the Bolt is an awesome sport harness that competes well with all the other major manufactures.

I have smaller thighs and struggle to find a sport harness that fits properly. Misty Mountain will customize your harness for free if you contact them, an amazing service you won't find elsewhere. I got medium leg loops matched with a large waist belt and the things fits like a champ. If you have issues with waist to leg loop sizing this is the company to go with.

Their customer service is top notch as well. They respond quickly to inquires, and are awesome to work with. There was a problem with my order and they fixed it professionally and fast.

This is a great little company that cares about its customers and makes solid harnesses.

By alleyehave
From San Diego, CA
May 13, 2013
Start of Pitch 3
Hi incognito MM rep.

By "Canada" Eric Ruljancich
From Tucson, AZ / Vancouver, BC
May 13, 2013
Mt Gimli, Valhallas, BC, Canada
Not even close. I paid full price for my harness, and MM doesn't even know I'm posting this.

Just a shout out for a really awesome company. I guess it's weird to have a company provide such good service that you would want to write about it, but these guys deserve it.

By NC Rock Climber
From The Oven, AKA Phoenix
May 13, 2013
tanuki
MM rocks! They are a climber owned company that makes all their stuff right here in the US. Their harnesses, especially the Cadillac, are awesome and their customer service rocks.

By Spandex
From East Bay, CA
May 13, 2013
I just got the Cadillac, and though I have yet to take it on a climb (T-minus 2 days!), it felt extremely comfy when weighted with all my gear organized among 6 separate loops.

By Jonathan Dull
From NC High County
May 13, 2013
Edge of a Dream
Misty Mountain is the Jam!!

By Dr. Rocktopolus
From Chattanooga, TN
May 13, 2013
Whipping on the redpoint crux of " The Theater Of Pain " 5.13b Cooks Wall, NC
Misty is great, I know the guy who runs this company and he is laser focused on being a quality company and down to earth as well. I only have good things to say... I climbed in the Cirque Harness for a few years and loved it.

By Morgan Patterson
May 13, 2013
Stoked...
Ya I completely agree - I own two old highlander pads and wanted to find out about the Magnum and some replacement foam. He said the Mags are custom made now and would love to make me one but unfort the cost to ship to New England would be huge and it's just not worth it for me. He then exhibited awesome: well how about this if you come down for a trip and get a Magnum I'll give you a personal tour of the factor and we can go out and boulder with your new pad on some local gems?

Seriously? How much more awesome can you get?

By Jeff G.
From Fort Collins
May 13, 2013
Nearing the end of Thank God Ledge.
I just bought the Misty Mountain Cadillac with the speed buckles. So far I love it! I like the comfort and the additional gear loops for organizing crap on longer routes. Seems about as light as my old harness and it's far more comfortable on hanging belays.

By Adam Floyd
From Las Vegas
May 17, 2013
Vegas the Dog
I have a Titan, Cadillac, and a Turbo, which I wear 99% of the time now, even on big routes.
Amazing customer service, and good people.

By Nick Sandstrom
May 17, 2013
spearhead
I needed a harness with a larger carrying capacity so I purchased the MM Cadillac. I had been using a wild country for about 3 years or more. The cadillac has worn on the leg loops and the waist buckle more than any other harness I have ever had. It fits great, carries a lot of gear great and maybe I just got a lemon but the durability has been fairly dissapointing. I am back to using the wild country now and using a sling to carry more gear if needed. Just a different perspective for others considering one.

By Robbie Mackley
From Tucson, AZ
May 18, 2013
Me and Holden at the "Matterhorn"
Added: will they resling cams?

By Allen Corneau
From Houston, TX
May 18, 2013
Robbie Mackley wrote:

Q1: Yes... mistymountain.com/p/5120-Cadil...

Q2: Don't think so. They don't list it as a service they offer but they might.

By CDC
May 18, 2013
Sept 2010 Seneca WV
Misty Mountain is the best. Call them if you have a ?. OH Yea still made in the USA by climbers!
Chris Caldwell

By shotwell
May 18, 2013
Robbie Mackley wrote:
My only problem with misty mountain harnesses is affording one. That said, I'm totally saving up for one. Do they still make one with a standard double back system, or is it all quick slip buckles now? Added: will they resling cams?

My guess would be that they will do a custom buckle on any harness they make. They're pretty good about offering little changes if you just call them on the phone.

I love my old Turbo and my new Bolt. Both are comfortable, light, and way more durable than the Arc'teryx they replaced. The Turbo has become my go to setting harness because it is comfortable enough to hang in for an hour. Pretty damn impressive for a harness that weighs one ounce more than the 'feather weight' Arc'.

By Robbie Mackley
From Tucson, AZ
May 18, 2013
Me and Holden at the "Matterhorn"
Thanks dudes.

By bobbin
May 18, 2013
as far as I know the MM Cirque still has conventional double back buckles on waist and leg loops.

By Ray Pinpillage
From West Egg
May 18, 2013
Middle
I have a custom Cadillac with fixed leg loops. I like the harness but don't like the six gear loops. Or rather, I don't like how small the six gear loops are. I don't need more loops, I would just rather have four large loops instead of six small. I think they make a harness like that but I haven't been looking lately. Also, all of their measurements are off. The harness I ordered based on their measurements didn't fit, they traded me out for a larger size but a hassle none the less.

By ian watson
From Albuquerque, NM
May 20, 2013
I just got some MM aiders and they are great so far. Also had a harness from them a few years ago that was nice.