Metolius haulpack taken from Retirement Wall

By Williampenner
From The 505
Apr 20, 2014
Beaver Mountain

My yellow Metolius haulpack was recently taken from the base of some new routes left of the Retirement Wall. It was the smaller size pack and had jumars, nuts, bolts, hangers, etc. for development. I assume it was taken by numbskull hikers, but if anyone grabbed it in a Good Samaritan mood and then walked out with it please send me a PM. It is a bummer to lose all that gear.

Thanks,

William

By George Perkins
From Los Alamos, NM
Apr 21, 2014
a

Sorry to hear your gear was stolen. I really enjoy the new climbs that you and your friends have cleaned and bolted in this part of las conchas. I would be happy to contribute some gear I'm not using or a small donation to help you replace your stolen supplies, pm me. George

By Jason Young
Apr 21, 2014
Mr. Ziggerman Jones

Hello William,

That does suck! I was there last week and noticed all the red-tagged routes. Most of them look really cool. I can't wait to find out what every thing will be.

I have a bunch of Fixe plated-steel hangers equipped with Powers plated-steel, 1/2" x 4", 5-piece sleeve-bolts that I would gladly donate to your effort. These are un-painted, so you'd have to do that yourself if desired. I could possibly round up any tools you might need as well, including an old Bosch Bulldog with bits.

I bought these things in the hopes of putting up some lines, but I've been so busy (lazy) that I haven't done shit.

Let me know if you want anything. There is no obligation of payment. Your efforts at route development deserve all our support!

Jason Young

By Josh Smith
Apr 21, 2014

Second George's offer. Those are great routes.

By Eric Whitbeck
Apr 22, 2014

W, I don't think hikers head up to the base of the wall very often. The trail is a little obscure through there. Bummer that your stuff got ganked. Lucky you are a wealthy small businessman now and can absorb the hit.

By Jason Halladay
From Los Alamos, NM
Apr 24, 2014
Climbing at the Belvedere crag near Nago with a great view of the northern end of Lake Garda and the town of Torbole sul Garda below. June 2013.

Aww, man, sorry to hear that William. I hope it gets returned. I'll keep an ear out for anyone that may have been acting as a "good samaritan".