Massive snow dump Jtree Pictures from Wednesday night and Thursday

By Jack Ziegler
From Golden, CO
Feb 17, 2012
me
It snowed like crazy Wednesday night in the hidden valley campground. We woke up Thursday morn and we were trapped!

Enjoy the pictures:

graniteredemption.blogspot.com...

By Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi?
From Vegas
Feb 17, 2012
Growing a winter coat in Red Rock Canyon- December 2013.
Snow in the desert is a beautiful sight- Thanks for sharing! We got hit pretty hard too while 4 wheelin' out in the Mojave National Preserve on that Wed.

By Andy Librande
From Denver, CO
Feb 17, 2012
Me in the Buddha Cave at crumblewood a while ago.
awesome!

By Seth Derr
From harrisburg, pa
Feb 17, 2012
Hey there!
Great pictures. Definitely neat lookin.

By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Feb 17, 2012
Cool - That will melt slowly and sink in instead of run off.
It is now high probability that it will be a very good wildflower year.

Musta been about 8 years ago I was there for a record snowfall and then a lot of rain - that spring the place was amazing!

By Gabe K
Feb 17, 2012
Wow... I wish I could have been there to see that. Absolutely beautiful. Great shots! Thanks for sharing.

By Rolf R
From BC
Feb 17, 2012
I see enough of snow as a Canadian!

By Peter Franzen
From Phoenix, AZ
Feb 17, 2012
Belay
I was thinking of heading out there this weekend as well. It looks likely that it'll be a soggy dripping mess though.

By Matt N
From Santa Barbara, CA
Feb 17, 2012
OTL
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure the wind will blow any leftovers away.

HVCG forecast

By Dow Williams
From Saint George, UT
Feb 18, 2012
Dow Williams, 2011
Rolf R wrote:
I am going out to JT tomorrow, what is the current update for climbing? Has the white fluffy stuff melted yet? I see enough of snow as a Canadian!

Yesterday, hiked up and did Firewater Chimney along with a few other routes through Rattlesnake Canyon. Everything is dry. The desert wind and sun work wonders. Enjoy.
Firewater Chimney
Firewater Chimney

By Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi?
From Vegas
Feb 18, 2012
Growing a winter coat in Red Rock Canyon- December 2013.
Snow in the Mojave Desert 2/15/12
Snow in the Mojave Desert 2/15/12

Not as nice as Jack's pics, but here's a shot I took with my phone camera on 2/15/12 while in the Mojave on dirt roads-

I'm sure it's all long gone by now, as if it never happened. That's how it goes in our neck of the woods.

By RyanJames
Feb 18, 2012
Photo by Aaron Lavinsky
Sweet pics, amigo! Thanks for sharing!