Massive roadtrip all over the west! Rideshares offered, partners wanted, floors desired!

By Phill T
Apr 24, 2012
So, quit my job, sold a bunch of crap I didnt need, storing the rest I will want again someday, and then packed the rest in my little car and I'm hitting the road! Starting may 1st in Denver, in rough order its:

Fremont (2 days)
Lander (1 week+?)
City of Rocks (1-2 days)
Smith (2+weeks)
then up to the olympic peninsula for some family stuff briefly (last weekend in may)
Index/Leavenworth (1-2 weeks?)
Squamish (extended? 1month+?)
back down I5 hitting up the portland local crags, maybe Smith again, Eugene to see the fam.
all of Cali.
Yosemite in Sept to tick off a wall.
Vegas (thanksgivingish?)
Zion (maybe maybe not)
Maple
Cottonwoods?
The Creek
Rifle
Denver.

the only timepoints I have are the last weekend in may in NW Washington, and then September for the wall in Yosemite. Everything else is wide open more or less. So, looking for partners, floorspace, local crags I should hit up, anything else I should check out on the way, etc! I've sworn off bouldering but am up for just about anything else. have a national parks pass, tons of gear, just need the partners!

So if I'm coming your way and you wanna get out or have a place that I might be able to crash for a day to a week or whatever, chime in!

PSYCHED!!!

Phill

By J. Broussard
From CordryCorner
Apr 24, 2012
Young Good Free Face, 11b
Good on you brother.
I'll be dreaming of your exploits day-in and out while chained to my desk.

Edit: I don't think there's any actual climbing in Denver. What are your front range aspirations for that leg of the trip?

By Kai Huang
From Thornton, CO
Apr 24, 2012
Vouch for a great guy.

So jealous...

By lewisslc
From Salt Lake City, Ut
Apr 24, 2012
My girlfriend & i hit Maple all the time, as well as American Fork, & the cottonwoods...have an extra room & bed...feel free to contact me...

By Ryan Williams
From London (sort of)
Apr 24, 2012
El Chorro
Make sure you keep a journal and take pics. You'll forget a lot of the amazing time you're going to have if you don't document them somehow. I know I regret not writing more when I was traveling.

Have a blast and remember, no idea is a bad idea.

By Phill T
Apr 24, 2012
journal and pics for sure! I've been keeping a loose climbing journal of all my trips. beta on camping, eats, particlar routes, showers, general impressions, etc. I'm sure the book will be about full by the time I'm done with this!

and holy crap, added Revelstoke, Canmore, Skaha and the bugaboos onto the canadian summer part of the expedition.

as far as the front range around Denver, not much right now. I have some unfinished buisness on a few things, but nothing that is just egging me on to go and do it. I'd rather get out and get humbled on some new rock at this point!

By bmxanddie
From Seattle, WA
Apr 25, 2012
I live in seattle and would be more then willing to get some climbing in. leavenworth is always good!

By Travis24
Apr 25, 2012
lobbing in Independence Pass
Kai Huang wrote:
Vouch for a great guy. So jealous...

Phill doesn't short rope and he'll give you the catch of a thousand pillows if you happen to lob off your project.

Lucky belays and soft catches woo hoo!