Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New - School of Rock
Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
Mad Rock Biners. Trigger wire w/o the trigger?
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
   Page 1 of 1.  
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
By Tristan B
From La Crescenta, CA
Aug 22, 2012
Hanging out on Royal Arches

These things are like 1-2 years old. And it's easy for them to stay like this. I could maybe see if I had 1 janky biner do this, but 2 of them?

Mad Rock Biners
Mad Rock Biners


Mad Rock Biner
Mad Rock Biner


FLAG
By bearbreeder
Aug 22, 2012

wash in warm water with soap with a toothbrush and then lube up with wax based cam lubed ...

or send em to me ;)

ive had a WC and a BD do that ... i didnt stop using their gear ... just cleaned em up ...


FLAG
By Tristan B
From La Crescenta, CA
Aug 22, 2012
Hanging out on Royal Arches

I'll try and wash them, but they aren't that dirty and I don't even use these ones that much. I'd expect it from my draws that I thrash, but not on these that I just use for extending trad placements.


FLAG
By Dom
Administrator
From New Brunswick Canada
Aug 22, 2012
Moby dick 5.11-

Teflon lube in the pivot.


FLAG
By NorCalNomad
From San Francisco
Aug 27, 2012

bearbreeder wrote:
wash in warm water with soap with a toothbrush and then lube up with wax based cam lubed ... or send em to me ;) ive had a WC and a BD do that ... i didnt stop using their gear ... just cleaned em up ...


Wax based lube is one of the worst things, besides a petroleum based lube. Soften up a candle then throw some dirt on in and see how that goes. Graphite ftw, Teflon second up


FLAG
By JCM
From Golden, CO
Aug 27, 2012

Or just put them in the dishwasher...


FLAG
By bearbreeder
Aug 27, 2012

Ranar wrote:
Wax based lube is one of the worst things, besides a petroleum based lube. Soften up a candle then throw some dirt on in and see how that goes. Graphite ftw, Teflon second up


Tell that to metollius who use a wax based lube

Ya gotta wonder about MPers ;)


FLAG
By bearbreeder
Aug 27, 2012

Tristan B wrote:
I'll try and wash them, but they aren't that dirty and I don't even use these ones that much. I'd expect it from my draws that I thrash, but not on these that I just use for extending trad placements.


The dirt is inside the internals .... Ive had quality dmm biners do that as well as cheap bds

Name brand doesnt mean anything if theres dirt inside


FLAG
By NorCalNomad
From San Francisco
Aug 27, 2012

bearbreeder wrote:
Tell that to metollius who use a wax based lube Ya gotta wonder about MPers ;)


Do you know what those wax based lubes where designed for? They come from the cycling industry and they are ment for winter riding where water threatens to wash away a thinner lube. You put those wax based lubes in dry conditions and it becomes a a gummy mess. My years of being a bike mechanic and mtb guide in Tahoe back this up.


FLAG
By bearbreeder
Aug 27, 2012

Ranar wrote:
Do you know what those wax based lubes where designed for? They come from the cycling industry and they are ment for winter riding where water threatens to wash away a thinner lube. You put those wax based lubes in dry conditions and it becomes a a gummy mess. My years of being a bike mechanic and mtb guide in Tahoe back this up.


Maybe u should tell metollius to stop selling snake oil then ... Bend oregon is a fairly dry place in the climbing season last i checked ;)

Since you obviously know better im sure theyll listen to you =P


FLAG
By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Sep 7, 2012
...

Personally I don't use PAPERCLIPS for climbing gear...

LOL!!!...


FLAG
By Tristan B
From La Crescenta, CA
Sep 7, 2012
Hanging out on Royal Arches

Locker wrote:
Personally I don't use PAPERCLIPS for climbing gear... LOL!!!...


You only use Lockers huh?


FLAG
By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Sep 10, 2012
...

"You only use Lockers huh?"...


There IS a story there for sure.

Man, how I feel for some of my "Seconds" back in the late 80's, early 90's when I went on the "locker craze"...

LOL!!!...


FLAG
By Tristan B
From La Crescenta, CA
Sep 11, 2012
Hanging out on Royal Arches

Would you use this one Locker?

Trigger Locker too?
Trigger Locker too?


FLAG
By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Sep 11, 2012
...

^^^

That's a beauty!


Man, I had those fukers on most every piece of gear I owned. Just couldn't have enough lockers (thus my nickname).


Just for the fun of it, try this sometime.

Get on whatever climb you think your second might have difficulty on following. Get to the crux and stick a fucking LOCKER on the draw. Wrench that fucker down as TIGHT as you can possibly get it, then start listening for your second to start cursing at you (For best results, put a locker on each end).

Never fails to put a big smile on my face...


Would I use that locker above in the photo? Probably...


;-)


FLAG
By ChefMattThaner
From Lakewood, co
Sep 9, 2013
ducking ropes at Copper

www.backcountry.com/metolius-cam-lube?ti=UExQIENhdDpQcm90ZWN>>>


FLAG
By Morgan Patterson
Administrator
Sep 9, 2013
Stoked...

Locker wrote:
Just for the fun of it, try this sometime. Get on whatever climb you think your second might have difficulty on following. Get to the crux and stick a fucking LOCKER on the draw. Wrench that fucker down as TIGHT as you can possibly get it, then start listening for your second to start cursing at you (For best results, put a locker on each end).


Dude... this is GREAT. I can't wait to bust this out on my second one day. LMAO at work...


FLAG
By Paul-B
Sep 9, 2013
Flakes of Wrath

NorCalNomad wrote:
Do you know what those wax based lubes where designed for? They come from the cycling industry and they are ment for winter riding where water threatens to wash away a thinner lube. You put those wax based lubes in dry conditions and it becomes a a gummy mess. My years of being a bike mechanic and mtb guide in Tahoe back this up.


Well there is a load of bullshit. For wet winter weather most intelligent riders choose a high viscosity lube such as syn lube (pedros.com/products/clean-and-lube/lubricants-and-grease/syn>>> ), wax based lubes are awesome because if dust etc adhere to them, they clump up and fall off, therefore being "self cleaning." These lubes include white lightning, T-9, and pedro's ice wax, ALL of which recommend their products for dirty conditions. Oh right, and Metolius. Where were you a bike mechanic??


FLAG
By nicelegs
From Denver
Sep 9, 2013

I'm fairly sure the metolius cam lube and the finish line with the red cap are the same. I know of gear manufacturers who use wd40.

Whatever.


FLAG
By David Sahalie
From on the road again
Sep 10, 2013

friends dont let friends clip madrock


FLAG
By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Sep 10, 2013
...

I find that JIZZ works wonders on most everything.


FLAG
By Larry S
Sep 10, 2013
The wife and I road-trippin on the Connie.

nicelegs wrote:
I'm fairly sure the metolius cam lube and the finish line with the red cap are the same. I know of gear manufacturers who use wd40. Whatever.


I use the "finish line" stuff from the local sporting goods store, I agree that it's probably the same product.


FLAG
By Nick Zmyewski
From Newark, Delaware
Sep 10, 2013
the frozen topout during a winter ascent

Come on people. Opposite and opposed.


FLAG
By doligo
Sep 10, 2013
Jose Cuervo Fruitcups dirtbag style

If soap and water don't work, try white gas. I had a biner that looked like in the photo above, and made it to work. I also fixed my RopeMan by using white gas - it was stuck and everyone thought it was beyond repair...


FLAG
By David Sahalie
From on the road again
Sep 10, 2013

Locker wrote:
I find that JIZZ works wonders on most everything.


Bong hitz and porn before 11 don't mix dude!

TMI!


FLAG


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 1 of 1.