Lost or stolen Sportiva Miuras size 42.5 at Potrero Chico.

By Erik Kloeker
From Cincinnati, Ohio
Jan 28, 2014

they have green paint on the circle near the logo on the bottom of the shoe, stolen from pagoda or left at a crag.

Thanks!

By don'tchuffonme
Jan 28, 2014
urrr

Stolen = You were present or nearby, enough for any reasonable person to think that they were not abandoned, someone deliberately took them.

Lazy and irresponsible = LEFT AT CRAG.

Would you leave a $100 bill just laying there? I bet even if you did, you'd realize it before you got too far away and go back and get that fucker. This is no different.

By NorCalNomad
From San Francisco
Jan 28, 2014

Ok locker.

By MRock
Jan 28, 2014
Split shin after 5.9+ R lead

You can't resole a 100$ bill, so it's different.

By mitchy
From nunya gotdamn business.
Jan 29, 2014

Those are my sentiments as well. All you really NEED to do is look TF around before you leave. It's really simple.

By Erik Kloeker
From Cincinnati, Ohio
Feb 5, 2014

To the best of my knowledge they were sitting in the back of Pagoda with the rest of my stuff the last time I saw them, was trying to give people benefit of the doubt by saying it's possible they were left at a crag. Visited all the crags I had been before they were missing and no luck. Get a life.

By ZachS00
From Denver, CO
Feb 5, 2014
Ruckus, Rifle

why is climbing the only activity when you can't try to find something you may have misplaced? if you left your cleats at the soccer field, would you, chuffer and mitchy, have such an issue?

By don'tchuffonme
Feb 6, 2014
urrr

ZachS00 wrote:

Yep. Because I work very hard for the material shit I acquire that I need to do the activities that I love, they are important to me. Because they are important to me, I don't leave them lying around. If I did leave them lying around, I would chalk it up as an important lesson about being responsible and I damn sure wouldn't ask random people for them back after I made the mistake in the first place of LEAVING MY SHIT LYING AROUND AND BEING GENERALLY IRRESPONSIBLE.

It's really not a tough concept. If you left your car running with the keys in it for an hour, would you go to a website and ask someone that stole it to please return it? NO. Why? Because that would be fucking ridiculous. Same thing here.

By SexPanther aka Kiedis
Feb 7, 2014
Thumbtastic

This is goddamn DISTURBING. It's like having an evil identical twin. If you're ready to fulfil your destiny, take 2 quick draws off of belay bolts at the VRG and post up about it. I guarantee you the results will be longer lasting than you'll believe.

It's like passing your past self in the subway, going, "wow, I was sporting a really bad haircut back then!"

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Feb 7, 2014
...

BINGO!!!

"Lost = They were clipped to you or your gear with you, and along the way somewhere (while moving), they became "lost".

Lazy and irresponsible = LEFT AT CRAG.

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Feb 7, 2014
...

One more time:

"STOP LEAVING SHIT THEN ASKING FOR IT BACK. YOU LEAVE YOUR SHIT, IT'S GONE. PERIOD."

By Adam Burch
From San Dieger
Feb 7, 2014
Mexico, Mang

Locker, why are you being such a racist?

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Feb 7, 2014
...

"Locker, why are you being such a racist?"

Racist? How so?

By don'tchuffonme
Feb 7, 2014
urrr

Irresponsible entitled shitwad is a race? Who knew?

By Adam Burch
From San Dieger
Feb 7, 2014
Mexico, Mang

I'm kidding.

Wait, are you being racist NOW?

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Feb 7, 2014
...

Adam,

quit being a racist!

By Adam Burch
From San Dieger
Feb 7, 2014
Mexico, Mang

Geez, you're right. I'll back it down.

On a serious note, I've been a forgetful idiot several times (and possibly a victim of theft once.)

Left a half rope coiled in LVC after leaving a bivy early in the morning. Strangely "lost" a #4 C4 in a campground at Jtree. Weird how that happened. What's unfortunate is how costly these errors can be when it comes to climbing. All the more reason to OCD double/triple check before you leave a scene.

EDIT: Erik, you're from Cincinnati? I was born in Hamilton, about 30 or so minutes north of there. Ohio!

By SexPanther aka Kiedis
Feb 8, 2014
Thumbtastic

Not wearing Miuras is racist. Only the OP is innocent...well, after he buys a new pair. Right NOW, he's racist.