Looking for PHX area trad partener
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By Nate Meringer
From Tempe AZ
Apr 16, 2014
I forget what trhis route is,  maybe South Cracks
I've been in the valley for about 5 years now and have been trad climbing for a bit longer then that. I usually climb with my brother or girlfriend, but they are not nearly as psyched about it as I am. Often I feel like I'm dragging them with me. I'm looking for someone that is as inspired by climbing as I am and wants to feed off a synergistic partnership in which we both improve.

My favorite routes are usually moderate (hopefully one day not so moderate) multipitch routes usually old school classic 5.7s or 8s.

Other info:
-Male
-29 yr
-Live in Tempe
-Engineer, work the 9-5 thing, but I'll take off time to climb
-From Boston

If your in the same boat as me let's team up and knock off those routes we wonder if we will ever do......

By Ryan Chamberlain
From Skull Valley, AZ
Apr 16, 2014
First multi pitch on hanging gardens
Hey Natpack, I can't guarantee that I will be available every weekend but I am in the phx area and climb trad. I am always looking for new partners so maybe we can climb some time.
Cheers
Ryno

By Matt Greving
From San Diego & Phoenix
Apr 17, 2014
Mid-climb on Goliath in Sedona
Hi natpack. I'm a Trad climber with very similar interests / goals as you've stated. I've been working between San Diego and Phoenix 50/50 time and mostly been Trad climbing in Southern California/Nevada, but I am moving to Phoenix nearly 100% of the time within the next ~week.

It would be great to find a Trad climbing partner with similar interests in Phoenix since I'll be here most weekends in the foreseeable future.

PM me if you want to exchange contact info.

Matt

By Ryan S.
From Scottsdale, AZ
Apr 18, 2014
Hey natpack.

I've been climbing for about 2 years now. I've had similar issues as you, none of my local buddies are as committed to climbing as I am and I'm having a hard time improving because of it. I work the 9-5 for the most part as well, splitting my time between an internship in IT and school.

I'm in Phoenix
Favorite routes are usually desert towers.
23 yr old male

doubles of .5-3
Just got a 70M rope I need to break in.

I'm in need of a partner I can push myself with. PM me if you want to get together some weekend.

By drewp
Apr 18, 2014
woop
Hi. I'm in Tempe. Climb every weekend and am trying to find folks to climb more trad with. Hit me up.

By Matt Greving
From San Diego & Phoenix
Apr 18, 2014
Mid-climb on Goliath in Sedona
It appears that there are several of us in Phoenix who want to spend a fair bit of time climbing trad but need partners.

I'm in the process of moving from San Diego to Phoenix and would like to find some Phoenix trad partners with interests similar to those posted in this thread. I'll be in Phoenix most weekend beginning April 24.

I've been climbing Trad regularly for ~2 years with a fair bit of multi-pitch experience and lead up to 5.9 trad with some recent leads at the 5.10a grade. I nearly have a triple rack (except for doubles of the #4,5,6 cams), several ropes (including half ropes for wandering trad routes) and all the other necessary gear for multi-pitch trad.

I'm an R&D engineer and Scientist who strives to spend all the time I can out in the mountains! I'm prepping for some bigger multi-pitch moderate routes in the Sierras later this summer if someone in Phoenix is interested in training with me for a trip like that.

Cheers!
Matt

By Hugo Almanza
From Phoenix,AZ
Apr 18, 2014
morrells wall
I'm stoked to see so many Phx climbers that climb trad! I have a fairly open schedule with an emphasis on Thursday thru Saturday. During the winter time I love the granite at Pinnacle/Mcdowells. At the current moment I'm making the pilgrimage up to Sedona for some sports action at the Waterfall. If interested hit me up at Hugoalmanzaphx@gmail.com

-I'm a student
-Into all sorts of climbing: Desert towers, granite slab madness, and basalt stembox/splitter routes.
-24 yrs old

-Hugo Almanza

By KevinD
From Scottsdale, AZ
Apr 18, 2014
You can put me on the list for trad partners too. I have random weekdays and weekends off. Working on becoming solid at 5.10s right now. Shoot me an email: kevin.donahoe@gmail.com

By Ryan Chamberlain
From Skull Valley, AZ
Apr 18, 2014
First multi pitch on hanging gardens
Just got an update on my schedule. Looks like I'll be available thurs-sat for the most part. I also spend evenings at the beardsley boulders a few days a week since the days are getting longer. Maybe I'll see some of you guys up there.
Cheers
Ryan

By Matt Greving
From San Diego & Phoenix
Apr 18, 2014
Mid-climb on Goliath in Sedona
The good response to this AZ Trad partner thread is great to see!

I'll contribute my email to the list:
biochemcompsci@gmail.com

I'm particularly interested in leading (and following) 5.7 - 5.10+ trad regularly during the next several months and am always willing to follow harder pitches (i.e. up to ~5.11b).

I've been fortunate to have a regular group of good/safe trad climbers to call while living in San Diego so that we climb most weekends/month. It would be great to have a similar group while living in Phoenix.

It seems that there's enough trad partner interest in Phoenix that we could fairly quickly/easily assemble a stable group of moderate-level trad climbers so that there's always a list of people to contact for climbing!

Cheers,
Matt

By ChadMartino
Apr 18, 2014
Topout on the Island
Hey I live like 10 mins away from McDowell and Pinnacle. Free any day after 4 and have Friday/Saturday off. Definitely down to send with some new homies, hit me up!
269-207-3463. Michigan number but I live in Cave Creek now. -chad

By Christopher D. Walsh
From San Diego, CA
Apr 18, 2014
me
Yep, I'm another. Moderate long multi-pitches are my favorite. Come equipped with a rope and rack. In Phoenix for business for the foreseeable future. I get every other weekend to be back home in Oregon. 28 years old.

Christopher.D.Walsh@gmail.com.

Maybe we need a phoenix area climbers fb page? Or does that exist already?

By Matt Greving
From San Diego & Phoenix
Apr 19, 2014
Mid-climb on Goliath in Sedona
Hey Chris D - Good idea about a Facebook page where we could organize climbing outings with Phoenix area climbers (assuming it doesn't exist already).

Chris D - I noticed in your ticklist that you've climbed a fair bit in San Diego County. While working in San Diego the last few years, I've climbed several of those same routes on El Cajon Mt - just lead P2+3 on Leonids a few weeks ago, great route! Did you ever make it out to Corte Madera? That's my favorite SD County crag.

Let's get some AZ climbing trips organized!
Cheers,
Matt

By Christopher D. Walsh
From San Diego, CA
Apr 19, 2014
me
Nope, unfortunately I was in the process of getting one of these damnedable bigboy jobs, and putting away the dirtbag status. I still have a buddy out there though, and I plan on climbing there frequently still.

I'll put together a FB page in the next couple of hours.

By Christopher D. Walsh
From San Diego, CA
Apr 19, 2014
me
Turns out there's a group. Seems like a lot of people interested in bouldering, which isn't really my gig, but I'm sure we can help spice it up a bit.

facebook.com/groups/1801745788...

By Ryan Chamberlain
From Skull Valley, AZ
Apr 20, 2014
First multi pitch on hanging gardens
Maybe it might be worth considering making a trad version of the boulderer's fb page???

By stropsa
From Tempe, AZ
Apr 20, 2014
I am another phoenix area climber looking to get out on some more trad multi routes. I lead up to 5.9 right now (never really tried to lead harder yet) but am looking to bust into the 10+ region. I have a rack and ropes and would be interested in getting out pretty much any weekend (I am a working ASU student so i am usually busy during the week). I am always looking for new partners to get out on some routes with!

By Peterslug
From Phoenix, AZ
Apr 22, 2014
Going up to take down anchors on Kate's Fault - thin balance stuff on slight slab.
Greetings all, I climb trad and sport in the Phoenix Valley area.
I am out in Gilbert but head to the McDowells and Little Granite Mt. pretty regularly.
I have a few newer folks I have been bringing out so I have not been pushing grade. I'd like to get another trad person on board to get a challenge now and again. I own a single set rack with all the fixings.
I try to get out weekly if not biweekly on Sundays (only).
The S.C.A.B. meetup is a worthwhile look for some trad folks, the AMC meetup has a bit less trad wise.

peterslug at yahoo.com
cheers,

Peter

By Colin Kubarych
From Phoenix, AZ
Apr 22, 2014
You can add me to this list. I have a flexible schedule and can climb almost everyday of the week. No commitment issues here. My goal is at least 200 days of climbing this year and an inspired partner will help.

colin.kubarych at gmail or PM me here. The FB page or an email list is a good idea. I'd be willing to start it up if some people get ahold of me with interest.

Season's just about over though...time to head to the higher elevations!

By Nate Meringer
From Tempe AZ
Apr 22, 2014
I forget what trhis route is,  maybe South Cracks
Wow! I didn't think there would be so many responses

So I just accidently deleted my entire response and I'm not going to type the whole thing out again so here are the bullet points (just imagine its written thoughtfully).

- 77 deg this Saturday, may be the last chance we get to meet up before the season in the valley ends. I say we head to the Mcdowells for a meet/greet/burn

-If Saturday doesn't work out or we find our selves looking for a place to climb as it gets hotter, I would recommend Rappel Rock at the Summit Crags. It's at the top of Mt Lemmon and is cool.

- Just as a starting point I say we shoot to meet in the Mcdowell parking lot at 9am Saturday morning. I'm flexible with time or place if anyone has any issues. Also, Sunday will be warmer, but not ridicules (I think it said mid 80s but I forget and closed the window).

By Matt Greving
From San Diego & Phoenix
Apr 22, 2014
Mid-climb on Goliath in Sedona
Hey Nate - good idea about meeting at McDowells on Saturday with the favorable temps. It looks like I'll be in Phoenix and available to climb on Saturday.

I've not climbed at the McDowells (been climbing in California/Nevada and Northern AZ mostly) so a bit of info on the McDowells meeting location would be helpful for me.

I'll have a full Trad rack with me and a rope.

Here's my contact info:
Cell: 480-694-1095
biochemcompsci@gmail.com

Cheers,
Matt

By Colin Kubarych
From Phoenix, AZ
Apr 23, 2014
Unfortunately, I'm out this weekend. I've got work sat, sun, mon and tues. I can do Friday this week and Wednesday next. Anyone interested in Isolation Canyon next weekend? I've never been but it looks great.

The access to the McDowells is at the Tom Thumb Trailhead. Best way to get there is 101 to Pima Road. Head north. Turn east (R) on Happy Valley Road. Pass through the stop sign at Alma School and Happy Valley. Happy Valley will eventually turn north and you will turn right on Ranch Gate Road. That'll take you to a T intersection with 128th st. Turn right and that will take you to the trailhead.

By ldsclimber
From Queen Creek AZ
Apr 23, 2014
S'up?
Join Phoenix Trad Climber on fb
Im good to climb m-w generally speeking. Im married with 5 boys so everything is subject to change. I typically wont bail on our first trip but no promises after that:)
I've been climbing trad since the early 90s i learned to climb on Mannys routes in the Santans. ill rope up with anyone with the itch to climb. Im comfortable on most 5.10 trad lines. Ill do harder with a headpoint or if its a bomber splitter. I mostly do FAs if your down for adventure in WCC or Workman Falls.
Hit me up on FB or at
adcldsmarine@gmail.com
435-669-7550
Aaron

By Ava
Apr 23, 2014
me

By KevinD
From Scottsdale, AZ
Apr 23, 2014
A buddy and I are going to isolation canyon tomorrow for the day if anyone wants to join.

By Ava
Apr 23, 2014
me
what time are you leaving?

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>