Looking for cheap places to stay boulder

By michael stigen
From Reno Nv
Mar 13, 2013
looking for cheap places to stay in boulder. The wife and I are planning a trip out there in a month or so and trying to get some good ideas on places to crash. Also some good climbing areas that you might recommend. My wife is a 5.7 climber so an area with a few 5.7 would be great. Thanks for any info.

By grega
Mar 13, 2013
Are you camping? The Boulder County Fairgrounds are cheap.. but you get what you pay for. St Vrain State parks is actually pretty nice even though it's near I-25 (seriously..). Then you could also stay for free on the Forest Service by Nederland.

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Bocan
If you're camping here's a link to all the other links.

mountainproject.com/v/campingc...

By michael stigen
From Reno Nv
Mar 13, 2013
Thanks...., Not sure yet if we are camping. But it is a possibility. We were going to try and stay close to boulder since we have never been there and would like to check it out. So somewhere close to town would be nice.

By Jim Amidon
J TREE
College town, pricy one at that.......

By michael stigen
From Reno Nv
Mar 13, 2013
Thanks Scott..I will look in that thread. Didn't mean to repost the same old crap over and over. The info is appreciated.

By Nick Votto
Bolton, VT
Go to airbnb.com, seriously the best website ever made....I've used it in NYC, Colombia, Italy, and I'm about to use it in Spain. You'll get the best deal possible besides camping.

By michael stigen
From Reno Nv
Mar 13, 2013
Nick.. That's great! Thanks.

By TheBirdman
From Eldorado Springs, Colorado
Mar 13, 2013
I know at least one boulder based mountain project user on airbnb. Send the user "germsauce" a PM. He has some seriously climber friendly accommodations available in downtown boulder for a reasonable price.

By Malcolm Daly
From Boulder, CO
Mar 13, 2013
Boulder Mountain Lodge is just a couple of miles up Boulder Canyon and they have a few tent sites you can reserve. They are at the end of the Boulder Creek Bike Path so you could ride bikes into tow and bag a few pitches on the Dome as you ride by.

bouldermountainlodge.com/

There was a hostel but it's looks like it's temporarily closed.

Mal

By Christopher Gibson
From Frisco, Texas
Mar 13, 2013
Live to Work not Work to Live.  We Love Our Jobs!!...
Not camping means nicer accommodations if my wife climbed i might want to make it nice, the mountain lodge just passed the entrance to boulder canyon on the right side is nice and not so expensive in relative terms around $65/night.

By S Denny
From Aspen, CO
airbnb.com

By michael stigen
From Reno Nv
Mar 13, 2013
Thanks again everyone lots of great options.

By Matt Saunders
From boulder, co
Mar 13, 2013
+1 for airbnb, but also right by the canyon is 'foot of the mountain' motel, its as cheap as youll find if your doing hotel/motel, and its right within 5min walk to downtown(& its literally right next to the canyon). My folks stayed there when they visited and had no complaints, said it was nice and quiet at night. I wanna say they paid like 70/nightish.

By willeslinger
From Golden, Colorado
Mar 14, 2013
I was pretty bummed when they didn't greenlight my...
A Motel 6 in Commerce City , I imagine they only rent rooms by the hour though.