Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New
Looking for an ice climbing partner
   Page 1 of 4.  1  2  3  4   Next>   Last>>

By Rich zz
From california
Nov 18, 2013

I've gone once at lee vining, but it'd be nice to go again with someone a little more experienced. I have all my own gear and vacation time. Located in the bay area.

By TonyV
From Cool, CA
Nov 19, 2013

Rich, When the conditions start to ripen, I'm game for ice...been at it for 30 years..my Daughter, who has been my climbing partner is headed to Boseman...maybe we could do some ice cragging at lake Audrain or Eagle Canyon at Tahoe before heading to Lee Vining..Let me know....

By Rich zz
From california
Nov 20, 2013

feel free to email me rty1138atgmaildotcom. where are you located?

By SirTobyThe3rd
Nov 20, 2013
Hello

I would be interested too. In January I can get 3-4 day weekends. Can do a few days of ice and a few days of rock at Owens River Gorge. Lead to about wi5 (not when ice is dripping with water or super sketchy though).
Would love to climb in Tahoe area too. Did some climbing there over the last few years and liked it.
xxvitaliyxx@yahoo.com

Maybe we could make some kind of a email list which would include people looking to ice climb in CA..

By tom mahr
From s. lake
Nov 20, 2013
just playing

I would be up for ice any time! I live in s.lake Tahoe and started ice season last weekend with north peak. I think we should start a thread for ice partners in ca. I had a hard time last winter (it was first season here) I will up to WI5 and been climbing ice for 11yrs or so.Hit me up here or 530-314-3622
I would like to get out for thanksgiving week day or multi days

By Rudy Gustafson
Nov 21, 2013

Down to climb ice anytime, live in the Bay. rudyjgustafson@gmail

By Rich zz
From california
Nov 21, 2013

i'll email you guys. what's your email tom?

By Benjamin Chapman
From Small Town, USA
Nov 21, 2013
old 1/4" bolt.

Tom.....what were the conditions on North Peak like?

By Rudy Gustafson
Nov 21, 2013

Did North Peak this weekend too, on Saturday. Conditions were great, ice all the way up etc. though with this recent weather I expect couloir season is over.

By Chris Blanchard
Nov 22, 2013

Hey guys, originally east coast and got into ice just before moving out here. Life got in the way last season and would love to tear it up this year!

I live south of Fresno .. Yes it's flat and boring .. But I have weekends to come play

By tom mahr
From s. lake
Nov 22, 2013
just playing

my e-mail is tommahr32@gmail. sorry Im a ice whore and you can include ph# best way to contact me.530-314-3622.
the ice was great.
I have from now till end of next week off,anyone up for going to try to get some ice? Go out for a few days and see if we can pull off some ice? Dana,mendel ?

By CKR
Nov 26, 2013

Hey chris, im in clovis. Let me know if you want to hit some ice this winter. Chris.

By SirTobyThe3rd
Nov 26, 2013
Hello

"I live south of Fresno .. Yes it's flat and boring .."

Yea, but you are not far at all from Sequoia, Yosemite and Kings Canyon

Good ice on the Watchtower

www.mountainproject.com/v/moonage-daydream/108012640

By Chris Blanchard
Nov 27, 2013

Hey Chris definitely!

Yeah Toby that's true! I have been looking into the tokopah area since I've moved out here. Moonage is something I would do with a more experienced climber than myself. I am still working on the leading end of things - I'll save multipitch WI4 for a little later haha.

I'm hoping this storm they are forecasting for next week brings the cold temps they are saying and ice will form nicely by mid December.

By climbing coastie
From Sacramento
Nov 27, 2013
Switzerland

I've finally found a solid partner, but there's always times where our schedules won't work out so I figured I'd add my name to the list. I'm usually capable of leading 4's and will follow about anything. Don't mind taking beginners out occasionally, but am trying to push myself on harder climbs this year. Already have two days on ice so it's shaping up to be a great year.

By Chris Blanchard
Dec 1, 2013

Does anyone have an up to date condition report for Dana or North Peak from over the weekend?

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving!

By Rich zz
From california
Dec 1, 2013

give me your emails and i'll send out an email.

By Chris Blanchard
Dec 2, 2013

blanchard.ce@gmail.com

Hey Rich - maybe change the title of the thread in order to attract more ice climbers to join the list!

By Keith H.
From Bozeman, MT
Dec 2, 2013

email: kheidecorn@gmail.com

Cheers

By David C.
From Torrance, CA
Dec 2, 2013
The High One

Please put my name on the list too. I live in LA, but I would drive to Tahoe for some ice anytime, even for a day or two. Right now probably in WI3 or easy WI4 range.

email: david.cap@bocians.net

BTW. anyone knows what the conditions around the lake are right now ? I'm gonna be there next week and wondering if I could squeeze some ice climbing in ...

By Austin Gardner
From Santa Clara, CA
Dec 3, 2013
Tahoe ice

I'm interested too, so please add me to the email chain. Would it be better on a Google groups or something?
I've got the gear and 2 years experience. My email is austingardner04@yahoo.com and I would be coming from San Jose.

By Topher42
Dec 3, 2013

Oooh I want in. Been climbing a few seasons, now still haven't got into leading but hoping this year. Have my own gear, and car. Live in San Jose. Have current Avy 2 cert and WFR.
hopeing to get out as much as I can this year.

By tom mahr
From s. lake
Dec 3, 2013
just playing

Hey Dave, it tom when you come out to Tahoe give a shout. I know some ice not much but can take you out and trying to farm new stuff for area.

By Chris Blanchard
Dec 4, 2013

Keith Heidecorn wrote:
I wanted to add my name to this list as well. I moved to the area about 3 1/2 months ago from bozeman and I am always looking for ice partners to get out with. I just started leading 4's last year. I have a full ice rack and double ropes. Look forward to hearing from you guys email: kheidecorn@gmail.com Cheers

How did you like living in Bozeman? My girlfriends parents were thinking of moving there for work.

By SirTobyThe3rd
Dec 4, 2013
Hello

With this cold front coming I bet there will be a lot of frozen stuff out in Tahoe. Wish someone hung a hose down one of those walls on Lovers Leap or Donner. Saw a photo of some farmed ice at Donner back in the day and it was mindblowing!
If anyone is planning to get out to check on ice conditions before the weekend, please post up! I saw a photo of wet looking but pretty good ice at Coldstream in the end of Nov. With cold front there should be a lot of good ice there in the end of this weekend, I think. Not sure how accessible it will be with 6-10 inches of snow predicted for Friday night...

By Josh Hutch
Dec 4, 2013
2nd pitch of Chockstone Gulley, Skylight Area, Ouray CO

Seems like there is A LOT of interest and people in need of ice partners. After this front moves through and depending on the weather and ice conditions, how would everybody feel of a big meet and greet one weekend either in Donner/Cold Stream or Eagle Lake/Sunny Falls?

Page 1 of 4.  1  2  3  4   Next>   Last>>