looking for a Trad partner near portland, new Enchantment permit question

By William Rhyne
From clayton, nc
Jun 1, 2014

Hey guys I am from north Carolina and will be attending the north west renewable energy institute for six months starting tomorrow. I just finished a road trip driving out here and hit some excellent climbing spots on the way. What might have made the whole trip with the zebra/Zion route. Totally had me smiling the whole way. Anyway I will be wanting to get out on the weekends and maybe some afternoon during the week on good weather days to the ozone or something. I have some ropes and a sizable rack all I need is a partner. I'm not against sport climbing, I am just working into 12a though. 11's on gear, also enjoy classics moderates to. So if anyone is down I would love to get out at meet the west coast scene

By Yen
Jun 1, 2014
on pinnacle

Howdy! I'm also looking for climbing partners. Will be moving to Portland area in the coming weekend! Hit me up! I also have a full trad rack. I do both sport and trad, but preferred trad. Trad is rad!! :)

Yen

By William Rhyne
From clayton, nc
Jun 4, 2014

Weather is going to be nice this weekend. Anyone need a ride or is anyone down to climb. I'm open to anything.

By Robert Bundy
Jun 4, 2014

I sent you a PM about climbing this weekend.

By MaxCat
Jun 5, 2014

Sending PM. Live west of Portland, climb mostly at Smith, also lead multi-pitch trad/sport, but at a lower level.

DC

By Bob Graham
Jun 6, 2014

Hey you all, I am a Portland local looking for partners. I know the area climbing well and climb both trad (multipitch/Alpine) and sport. Drop me a line if you want to chat about climbing together or need beta.

By ahparker
Jun 26, 2014

Hey All, just moved to Portland as well and looking for partners and saw this post. I'm free most weekends and looking to get out. Trad's preferred, but I love it all sport, bouldering, ice, whatever. I generally climb similar grades to the OP but am up for anything. Also any beta on local Alpine climbing would be awesome. Hit me up!

Alex

By William Rhyne
From clayton, nc
Jun 26, 2014

Hey AhParker, I will be heading out to trout creek this weekend if you want to join. I also want to get on long alpine routes and ice once it comes in. Hit me up anytime I'm down for anything.

By ahparker
Jun 27, 2014

Hey William,

Thanks for the offer, this weekend actually won't work for me unfortunately, but I'm psyched to get out there soon. Also, feel free to pm me with any future plans or if you need a partner, I'm hoping to have more availability in the next few weeks.

By Nate26
Jun 27, 2014

William,

I'm looking for a partner as well. I used to be a pretty serious climber. I topped out around 12- trad and 12+ sport and climbed all over the country. Been stuck in the bouldering gym due to career stuff for a while and I'm looking to ease back into the real thing. I have a triple rack and assorted other stuff. I'd love to head out to trout creek this weekend as well - that place looks rad - but i might not be able to get out of work if y'all are leaving this afternoon.

Cheers,
Nate
n.nowinowski at gmail.com

By William Rhyne
From clayton, nc
Jul 9, 2014

Does anyone know how hard it is to obtain a climbing/camping permit for the enchantments this late in the season? I know they opened the reservations in February and closed them in March, but they still do walk-in lottery right? I want to head up in three maybe later if logistics need time. Any advice or stories of past experiences will help, thanks everybody.

By ahparker
Jul 14, 2014

Hey William,

No idea about permits for the area, etc, but keep me/us posted with any info you may find. I'd be very game to head up and check the area out and would love any beta.

Alex