Looking for a climbing partner in Anchorage from now til....

By tom303
From anchorage
Jun 14, 2014

Hello,
I'm staying in Anchorage for the summer and would like to get out and climb! I have a rack, rope, and ice gear. Bouldering around Anchorage would be cool if you have a pad, or know of some clean landings.

Hatcher Pass is awesome, I plan to spend a fair amount of time there. I'd also like to check out the Matanuska Glacier ice climbing (for the novelty), perhaps some Seward highway survival climbing.

Get in touch if you'd like to climb, I'll be in town for a while!

Tom

By Wes Hoskins
From Anchorage, Alaska
Jun 18, 2014

Hey Tom,

I am pretty new to Anchorage and have been looking for people to climb with. These days my schedule is not great, but I can be flexible. I am an intermediate climber, I climb sport--lead in the mid 5.10 range. It sounds like you may be more into trad if you are focused on Hatcher Pass. Let me know if you're still in the market for a partner, and maybe we can make something work.

-Wes
907 348 9878

By clint helander
From anchorage, alaska
Jun 18, 2014
Sleeping on top of Washington column after climbing the Prow. Yosemite.

Hey tom I get out when I can. Wiener Lake (hard sport) or Hatcher is my normal routine. Getting out this weekend to one of those, if you want to go, message me.

By tom303
From anchorage
Jun 20, 2014

Wes and Clint, thanks for the responses! PMs to follow.

I'm down for any type of climbing, sport is just fine by me. Wiener Lake looks burly, but I'd love to check it out.

This past week was mainly spent at Hatcher and the Matanuska Glacier (sweet!). I have fallen in love with Hatcher Pass, but would still like to check out the other southcentral crags.

Thanks again guys, it's been tough finding partners!

By Dommelhiemer
From Anchorage
Jun 20, 2014
Wiener Lake

I'll be trying to head into Hatcher or wiener too saturday and sunday. I can rope gun at wiener if anyone wants some TRs.

By tom303
From anchorage
Jun 20, 2014

Right on, I'm glad to see this partner search gaining steam. I'll have an idea of my weekend availability probably mid-day Friday.

Thanks!

By Dommelhiemer
From Anchorage
Jun 20, 2014
Wiener Lake

Text me at 907-444-6905. Also try and climb the highway couple nights a week.

By Nick Weicht
From Valdez, AK
Jun 20, 2014
Sending 5.12 in Red Rocks,  Sunny and Steep Wall.

If you can make it down to Valdez in the next few weeks I should be able to give you a catch. I'm on the injury bench but may have time off of work for some bulay action if you can swing the road trip. 907-351-6878
Good luck
Nick

By tom303
From anchorage
Jun 20, 2014

Nick, awesome! I haven't visited Valdez in the summer, that sounds quite appealing. I'll try to arrange a trip in the next few weeks.

By Nick Weicht
From Valdez, AK
Jun 20, 2014
Sending 5.12 in Red Rocks,  Sunny and Steep Wall.

I'll be in anchorage on monday and know more about what the next few weeks will be like. Lets go from there.