Lightweight speakers fo' climbing
   Page 1 of 3.  1  2  3   Next>   Last>>

By Ben Beckerich
From saint helens, oregon
About half way up the East Arete on Illumination Rock
Howdy

I thought I remembered reading a thread on the topic a year or two ago, but that shit's long gone now. If anyone happens to have a link, I'd be obliged.

Otherwise... what are you doing to jam beats? Want the best sound possible, but weight is the biggest concern. Where's the current technology? Is there a super lightweight speaker setup I can clip to my pack that'll sound good?

Thanks

-Ben

By saltlick
From gym
Tree-bouldering near Mt. Tam
check Goal Zero's little kit - goalzero.com/rockout.html#tech...

I thought they sounded good in the store, and the extra juice would be a welcome luxury.

By Em Cos
From Boulder, CO
May 1, 2013
I'm not sure why it would matter, but I weigh about 120.

By csproul
From Davis, CA
Summit of Wolf's Head with Pingora in the background
Don't. Nobody at the crag wants to hear your crappy music. They make headphones for a reason.

By Old and Busted
From Centennial, CO
Stabby
^^^ ESPECIALLY anyone who uses the term "jam beats".

By Woodchuck ATC
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008
Mike Lane wrote:
^^^ ESPECIALLY anyone who uses the term "jam beats".

+1.....not at my crag!

By Raul P
Stella!
Headphones while at the cliff. Don't be that guy.

But around camp check these out:
amazon.com/Grace-Digital-Extre...

By JEFFisNOTfunny
May 1, 2013
Headphones are the lightest speakers around... Please don't be that guy with the loud music at the crag.

By Brendan Blanchard
From Strafford, NH
Obi Wan Ryobi - Darth Vader Crag, Rumney NH
Depends on your crag, but generally music is a terrible idea.

I really thought this was a troll when I saw the title.

Don't play music at the crag. There are plenty of crags where headphones are also unacceptable due to crowding, people calling rope, as well as crags with more than average danger. You need to hear when others call rope, rock, ice, gear, etc.

By Avi Katz
^+1

By Ben Beckerich
From saint helens, oregon
About half way up the East Arete on Illumination Rock
csproul wrote:

If I'm going to the crag, I just take my Kaboom and leave it on the ground next to a sack full of extra batteries, cuz you know I'm gonna drain that mufucker at least three times before we bounce. And everyone loves my music. I'm talking alpine, brah.

By csproul
From Davis, CA
Summit of Wolf's Head with Pingora in the background
Ben Beckerich wrote:

Nobody wants to hear your "jam beats" there either...brah.

By Brian Abram
From Columbia, SC
May 1, 2013
Brian Abram, leading pitch 2 of Dinkus Dog on the South Side of Looking Glass.  Kyle Sox is belaying.
instructables.com/id/Battery-P...

By Gunkiemike
May 1, 2013
I think it's important that the speakers be non-toxic. Because it's clear from the responses here that someone is likely to shove them down your throat.

By shain picard
From Powell, Ohio
May 1, 2013
Top Roping at Scioto Audubon Metro Park.
Brian Abram wrote:
instructables.com/id/Battery-P... If you get a couple of these, you might get the quality sound you're looking for. I can easily see this idea adapted to a sled for Denali or something.

+1 haha

By Sir Wanksalot
From County Jail
Ben Beckerich wrote:

You're a funny mufucker!

By Ray Pinpillage
From West Egg
Middle
I have a 16gb Ipod-whatchmacallit. It's tiny, has a shitty speaker, but runs great with earbuds. That is what I use.

By josh holmes
a picture of rocks
If you really need to "pump the jams", ditch the speakers and iPod, invest in singing lessons (or pretend that you did) and broadcast those "jams" via your MOUTHHOLE.

By Ray Pinpillage
From West Egg
Middle
Gunkiemike wrote:

A month ago I was at the crag playing some music quietly on my Android while I was climbing and someone asked me to turn it off. I told them no and they pouted. No high-fives or fist-bumps.

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
...
If it's Hendrix, Led Zeppelin or Cream, crank that shit up!

Otherwise, turn it the fuck off and go home!

LOL!

EDITED:

REAL Rap music is AOK as well!

;-)

By coldatom
From Cambridge, MA
Jurassic Park
You will NEVER find portable speakers that will sound anywhere near as good as headphones/earbuds. Especially when you are going to wear the speakers, so they'll be pointed AWAY from you. The bass drops out too fast as you move the speaker away from your ear. You need bigger speakers to keep the low end, and that's not portable.

By NorCalNomad
From San Francisco
csproul wrote:

say no to duchecraging

By J. Albers
From Colorado
Bucky
csproul wrote:

Ding ding. Leave your music at home. Sheesh, I can't believe people even need to be told this kind of crap.

At Jailhouse in Sonora, CA, the Access Fund had it written into the property access that there would be NO music. Why? Because nimrods apparently need to be told not to be inconsiderate doorknobs.

By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV
Em Cos wrote:
I support climbing wholeheartedly, can speak on a variety of topics, and have a soothing voice. I'm not sure why it would matter, but I weigh about 120.

I love you.

By Jason N.
From Grand Junction
Indy pass
I'm not seeing where he said that he's looking for something to bring to a popular crag on a weekend...

By The Phoenix
The Phoenix
dude... this little guy BUMPS the Dubstep at our rad trad crags:

amazon.com/iHome-30-Pin-iPhone...

speaker
speaker

BUT these little fuckers awesome too... def enough to piss off the likes of this forum, 8 hr + charge, small, loud, rich sounds and expensive:

jawbone.com/speakers/jambox/ov...

jambox <br />
jambox

I also recommend drilling and placing a bolt along the base of the crag to hang your speakers, HA!

Page 1 of 3.  1  2  3   Next>   Last>>