Let's see the climbing tights!

By Hiro
From Boulder, CO
Jan 23, 2013
Ouray Ice Park <br />Pick o' the Vic?
Hoping to start an upsurge in stylish tights! Care to share your best photos from either past or recent???

By C Miller
Feb 16, 2013
Sugar Pine (Pinus lambertiana), Black Mountain
The FA of Dog Logic (5.11b), Red Rocks. Photo by Tim Fearn (February 1988).
The FA of Dog Logic (5.11b), Red Rocks. Photo by Tim Fearn (February 1988).

The Max Flex (5.11c), Red Rocks. Photo by Rick Shull (February 1988).
The Max Flex (5.11c), Red Rocks. Photo by Rick Shull (February 1988).

By Woodchuck ATC
Feb 16, 2013
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008
Don't we have a lycra thread somewhere already? Now I gotta go search for those old pics once again....

By Christiney
Apr 30, 2013
a beautiful line
Tie dye tights. Sorry not a climbing pic! Tough to get climbing pics. The only person i'm ever with tends to be belaying when I'm climbing. So here is a post-climb pic from last November, at PMRP in the Red River Gorge. Just got spanked on a route on the cliff "Chica Bonita." And this is a great reason to not wear tights - the flash.

--- Invalid image id: 108118540 ---

er i deleted all pics of myself so my identity won't be known

By teece303
From Highlands Ranch, CO
Apr 30, 2013
Aiding. Photo by Locker.
Caprinae monkey wrote:
And this is a great reason to not wear tights - the flash.

D'oh!

I remember the 90s when every sport hard man had to wear brightly colored Lycra. Those were the days.

By Christiney
Apr 30, 2013
a beautiful line
Why don't men wear tights anymore? Jeans are so restrictive and heavy. But maybe it's good so women keep flexibility as our advantage not being good w/ the reach department. And tights on men are pretty vulgar.

By Woodchuck ATC
Apr 30, 2013
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008
Caprinae monkey wrote:

Because we all love our comfy Prana shorts and climbing pants too much to be wearing 'package' showing tights anymore.

By NorCalNomad
From San Francisco
Apr 30, 2013

By teece303
From Highlands Ranch, CO
Apr 30, 2013
Aiding. Photo by Locker.
I never wore the tights. I did, much to my shame, wear a pair of manpris for awhile in the 90s.

I don't really dig climbing in jeans, though. Hipsters these days do, though.

By LemmonJuce
Jul 2, 2013
classic El Rito sport climbers
love tights
love tights

By Woodchuck ATC
Jul 2, 2013
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008
this has to be the X to the n'th power posting of such topic. But always appreciated. Great legs, guys. I gotta dig mine out once again to display...might take a day or so.

By Mike Nevko