left draws at Holcomb Pinnacles

By Bill Harris
Nov 3, 2012
I was up at Claimjumper and the slabs above it a few weeks ago and I think I left most of my rack there. If you found it, please let me know. The sling is blue/green rope and most of the dogbones are purple/black and orange/black with a few open slings.

Thanks,
Bill

By Marc H
From Lafayette, CO
Nov 4, 2012
Bill Harris wrote:
I think I left most of my rack there.

Truly amazing. I don't know how people pull this off. Judging by the number of similar posts here on MP, it happens all the time.

BTW, you left a set of 'draws, not a rack. ;-)

By slk
From Reno, NV
Nov 4, 2012
me
...and it took you a few weeks to notice?

Booty. Well, sport climber booty.

By Chris Owen
From La Crescenta and Big Bear Lake
Nov 7, 2012
There's more than one use for an Ice Hammer. Lake District (UK) late '70s
Tough crowd Bill - fortunately not locals. Sorry I can't help.

By Jason Partin
From San Diego, CA
Dec 5, 2012
El Dorado Canyon, CO
Bill,

Sorry dude. I lost some near there around the same time when we assumed that all gear was accounted for in different bags. Unfortunately by the time that you posted this most roads will be closed off for winter.

If you're in San Diego, Adventure 16 has a sale going on and often has discounts on BD quick draws. REI sells 'packs' and may have a Christmas 20% coupon coming up.

I agree with Chris's comment. Fortunately most people are sympathetic and good about returning gear - there have been some generous stories of returning gear via Mountainproject.

By Guy Keesee
From Moorpark, CA
Dec 6, 2012
Big Boulder, just a bit downhill from Temple of Kali. Alabama Hills, CA.
So while not trying to be a jerk.... I just must ask this question?

How much POT does one need to smoke to forget your gear????

serious question. Might make a good general topic.

By Matt N
From Santa Barbara, CA
Dec 6, 2012
OTL
Guy Keesee wrote:
So while not trying to be a jerk.... I just must ask this question? How much POT does one need to smoke to forget your gear???? serious question. Might make a good general topic.

A general eye sweep of the area after packing up should catch anything you didn't realize you weren't packing up.

Most gear seems to get returned, but if its LA gym climbers, you never know.

By David prsn
From Tustin
Dec 7, 2012
Temple crag, dark star
Are the roads still open?