Las Vegas Climbers Liaison Council General Meeting Feb 20th at 6:30 PM

By LV Climbers Liaison Council
Feb 14, 2013

LVCLC General Meeting Update:

The general meeting scheduled for February 20th will take place at 9813 Bearpaw Avenue at 6:30PM. Below is a link to the address and since it’s in a residential area, we ask that you carpool if possible. There should be adequate parking in the neighborhood, just do your best to be mindful of people’s driveways.

maps.google.com/maps?q=9813+bearpaw+avenue+las+vegas&hl=en&s>>>

In addition to discussing the role of the Las Vegas Climber’s Liaison Council and setting a preliminary agenda for 2013, it is also an invitation to participate on the Board of Directors. Here’s your opportunity to help shape what the LVCLC is all about and drive our climbing community focused agenda. We’ll be taking nominations for eleven board members. Officers and directors will be elected by the board from the board members. Our new Board of Directors should be comprised of climbers who are willing and able to meet once a month in a casual setting for no more than an hour or so. These meetings will be focused on action items and the organization of upcoming and active projects, and, will be separate from the public general meetings that all climbers are encouraged to attend. An election will be held by email and you must be a member if you’d like to participate in the election. Nominations or volunteers will be accepted from February 20th, at the meeting, until February 27th. Names can be submitted by email to lvclimberscouncil@gmail.com. The election will take place by email on March 15th and we will send out an email to members with the names of the potential board members and instructions for voting. The following people have already volunteered to serve on the board:

Ben Williams, Doug Foust, Bill Ramsey, Andrew Yasso, , Mark Limage, Adam Floyd, Lacey Jones, Teresa Wasiak, Stewart Williams, Heather Robinson, Chris Weidner, Travis Graves, & Xavier Wasiak.

We encourage all climbers to attend this meeting and help define what the LVCLC is all about. You do not need to be a member to attend the meeting, but you do have to be a member to vote for the board. You can join at:

www.accessfund.org/site/c.tmL5KhNWLrH/b.8295341/k.2F92/Las_V>>>

The link will allow you to join both the Access Fund AND the Las Vegas Climbers Liaison Council for the good of climbers and climbing access in the Las Vegas area. By combining membership, you can receive benefits from both organizations for the cost of one! Check it out! ALL funds received by the Las Vegas Climbers Liaison Council go towards local climbing related projects and issues that impact OUR climbing community.

Las Vegas Climbers Liaison Council

By Andrew Yasso
Feb 15, 2013
Top of Rainbow Buttress

Looking forward to the meeting, hope to see lots of you there!

By beny
Feb 20, 2013

bump

By John Hegyes
From Las Vegas, NV
Feb 20, 2013
South of Windy Peak

Wish I could be there, but I have to work. I'll plan on signing up for a membership via the Access Fund. It sure would be nice to see more communications come out of the LVCLC from either their website or Facebook Page. Any chance meeting minutes could be published online? Thanks to all the people volunteering to serve on the board!

By SexPanther aka Kiedis
Feb 21, 2013
Thumbtastic

If a position was created that was more of a sexy mascot, I'd for sure get elected. I'm not sure "Treasurer of Local Climbing Organization" really looks good on a bathroom stall with a phone number written under it, so I think I'll stick to tried and true. Heckling and generally doing more by myself than most of the group efforts (though not all, and Jed Botsford, you do still rock, no joke) has worked pretty well for me so far, as has learning to tie a cherry stem with my tongue and letting the female population at large know about it, but that may be off topic slightly.

Talk-Action=0. I'll be 100% behind the action as long as I miss all the talk. Good on those that have the stomach to deal with all this stuff and people like Nick who do their best to herd the cats with as much grace as possible. I salute you all, you're bringin' back sexy.

Sort of.

By Andrew Yasso
Feb 21, 2013
Top of Rainbow Buttress

John,

I'm in the process of populating the website with content and the meeting minutes are one of the first things that will get uploaded. As of right now we've had about 5 or 6 impromptu meetings, and then the official one last night, so we've got some decent minutes going so far.

Once the machine is rolling, all of this information will get triple posted - here, facebook, lvclc website.

Thanks for the advice. Please let us know what you all would like to see, as the LVCLC should all be "ours."

By J. Thompson
From denver, co
Feb 21, 2013
Trundling a death block. Photo by Dan Gambino.

Killis...SHOE! You're not welcome.

I'm very excited about the folks who are, currently, getting involved with the LVCLC. You are the type of people who will get things done.

josh

By SexPanther aka Kiedis
Feb 21, 2013
Thumbtastic

I feel your sentiment, brother, but the spelling of the word you intended is "shoo", which is a directive verb, as opposed to shoe, which is something George Bush got thrown at him by Arab tradition.

I'm going to categorically disagree with the welcome comment, it's silly and unfounded. Unlike yourself, some find me quite fetching and personable. It's the hair.

Things change quickly when sloth and overconfidence rule the roost. Remember when my former girlfriend snatched this "organization" from its beer-boys-club status and actually got something accomplished with it? All that took was a couple phone calls and some Two Buck Chuck to keep a certain couple coconspiritors happy. I will never forget how sour certain parties looked for a long time after then, like someone stole their tricycle or something.

Looking forward to hearing about all the action, til them I'll keep working on my new yoga move of trying to lick my own back, see which one happens first.