Jay Eggleston BMX Accident
   Page 1 of 4.  1  2  3  4   Next>   Last>>

By Cindy Mitchell
Racking up for the 3rd pitch of Ruper

Many of you recognize Jay as a prolific mp.com contributor. He is my main climbing partner as well as a best friend.
Jay is a pro BMX vert ramp biker and crashed during competition at the Dew Tour last Saturday night in Maryland. He is in the hospital where he remains in a coma. His family is with him. Please send thoughts, good vibes, extra cash, etc his way for a speedy recovery.
A website has been created for updates on his condition if interested:
www.carepages.com/carepages/JayEggleston
Create an account to access his page.

I hope he makes a fast and complete recovery.

By Phil Lauffen
From The Bubble
RMNP skiing. Photo by Nodin de Saillan

Never met him, but I always thought one day we'd meet out on the crags. I am sending positive vibes! Hang in there Jay!

By Mark Roth
From Boulder
not climbing

Jay and I at the skatepark....  Photo: Chris Sessions. <br />
Jay and I at the skatepark.... Photo: Chris Sessions.

Jay is also one my best friends and main climbing partners... I am super worried for him. I hope he recovers!

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Just a teaser

Best Wishes to Jay and his family.

By Scott Beguin
From Los Alamos, NM
Jul 27, 2011
Heading up the FA of Agave Alcove.

I don't know Jay personally, only from his posts and pics on MP. Sending the PMA his way. Being someone who has recovered 100% from a coma as the result of a bike accident, I can assure you it takes a long time and a lot of effort on everyone's part to recover. Every situation is different as well. It is not an easy road to travel. Full recovery is possible if the right steps are taken and the patient is strong and driven. I hope he comes out on top and has the proper care applied and lots of physical and mental therapy. It makes the difference. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Stay strong Jay.

By Cindy Mitchell
Racking up for the 3rd pitch of Ruper

Jay in action.
Jay in action.

By Darren Mabe
From Flagstaff, AZ
Jul 27, 2011
wham bam hand jam. Wrapping up the final moves of Twist of Fate, Oak Creek Canyon. <br /> <br />photo: Blake McCord

horrible news.

Jay you are brave and strong. you will be in our prayers...

By J. Thompson
From denver, co
Jul 27, 2011
Trundling a death block. Photo by Dan Gambino.

Thinking of you Bro!

josh

By Vincent Morton
From Colorado Springs,Colorado
belay is on

Get well Jay. Thinking about you and hope you are getting better.

By NickinCO
From colorado
Jul 27, 2011
after the hard stuff, into cruiser hands.

Sending wishes for a full recovery! I met Jay maybe 10 years ago at SCRAP in Hoffman Estates IL. I think he was pretty good friends with a couple of the guys I used to ride with (Jimmy Walker and Koji Kraft). I think I was 16 or 17 at the time but I remember him being one of the nicest dudes I've ever met. Heal up!!!

By MarkGriffin
From Goretex-Vortex, CO
lizard.

Sending positive thoughts to Jay and family and hoping for a quick and complete recovery.

By Buff Johnson
smiley face

Damn, this sucks.

Be well, Jay! Sending my energy your way!!

and stay strong, Cin!

Love you guys!

By John Maurer
Jul 27, 2011
Crested Butte, looking for a landing . . .

Sympathy and encouragement to everyone impacted. Hopefully this news helps a bit:

Update, 9:18 p.m. EST via CarePages: "Jay opened his eyes briefly and responded to a few commands, then went back to sleep. This is awesome and sets the stage for great days to come!!"

By Tradster
From Phoenix, AZ
Jul 27, 2011

Glad to hear that. Prayers and karma going his way.

By slim
Jul 27, 2011
tomato, tomotto, kill mike amato.

sorry to hear the news. i have also never met jay, but have always thought that he seems like a cool guy and would be a fun guy to go climbing with. it seems like we climb a lot of the same routes, same areas, etc. i have always looked at his "wheeled" activity photos and thought "holy cow! that's sick!".

keeping my fingers crossed for him!

By tooTALLtim
From Boulder, CO
Jul 27, 2011
Me on Land of Ra, Cadillac Crag, Eldorado. <br /> <br />Thanks for the picture Craig Muderlak!

Jay's gotta make it so he can talk you into more OW Cindy!

He'll be in my thoughts.

By Mark Roth
From Boulder
Jul 28, 2011
not climbing

Looks like good news on the latest update... He's still in bad shape, but making progress (somewhat responsive). They are flying him back to Denver on Friday!

Thanks everyone for sending all the positive wishes... I know he will appreciate it.

By Zac Barr
Jul 28, 2011

Mark - I'm so sorry to read about your friend's accident. The picture of you two is fantastic, thanks for posting it. I really hope things continue to improve. Best, Zac

By AJS
From Boulder, CO
Jul 28, 2011
In the sea of Cortez - Baja California, Mexico

I think I've met Jay a few times around town -- definitely one of the good guys. Best to him and all of his friends on this site. Sounds like there has been some positive news so far.

By Legs Magillicutty
From Littleton
Jul 28, 2011
Function over fashion.  My newest pair of climbing shoes.

I'm sorry to hear this Cindy and Mark. Best wishes to Jay and his family/friends. Keep us posted.

By Meggan Wenbourne
From Santa Cruz, CA
Jul 28, 2011
5.7 on the Monolith- West Face <br />Run out, as are most low-grade leads in Pinnacles. <br />Condors overhead, sunburn to follow.

Sending positive vibes and thoughts to Jay from Santa Cruz, CA. The climbing family here is sending their love. Stick together everyone, climbers are a strange wonderful group who need the their community in times like this.
Cindy, my thoughts are with you and Mark. Hang in there, think strong thoughts. He's a climber with a fight and I have hope that he will recover from this.

By hotlum
From Roseburg, OR
Jul 28, 2011
East face of the Monkey with Mt. Jefferson to the west.

positive thoughts

By Dan G0D5H411
From Colorado Springs, CO
Jul 28, 2011
Dan on Hurricane

So sorry to hear this Cindy (and all of Jay's friends.) Best wishes for a fast and full recovery.

By percious
From Bear Creek, CO
Jul 28, 2011
Hanging out with some scooter trash.

Sorry to hear this news. Sounds good that Jay is being brought back to Denver. I hope he is on a speedy path to recovery.

By Rick Witting
Jul 28, 2011
The Needle, Prospect Mtn (not RMNP)Photo by Jay Eggleston

Jay and I have been climbing together since 1998, rock, ice and mountains, and he is the safest, most methodical climber I know and just a great friend. I know he will be back climbing as soon as he can.

Jay leading Bridalveil Falls.
Jay leading Bridalveil Falls.

By James Beissel