It hurts to flip the bird....uh oh.

By cms829
high e
I had originally posted this is the wrong forum...so here it is...

Ive never had any tendon or pulley problems...however recently Ive noticed that my middle finger is super sore along the top and bottom. I dont feel any loss of strength, however i do have some discomfort while applying downward pressure with it, no pain pushing up. Not much if any discomfort while not using the finger. No throbbing, no dull pain, nothing. Honestly it feels like its bruised or i smashed it with a hammer. I understand no one can diagnose via the internet, im just wondering if those who have had finger injuries could let me know if this sounds familiar? I would think if i had a major pulley injury i would have some serious pain while trying to crimp? Maybe its the beginning of something?

By JCM
From Seattle, WA
May 2, 2012
Rest, ice, ibuprofen. Lay off of it for a week. If it still hurts after that, go see a doctor.

I might have recommended elevation too, but that could get you into some trouble...

By cms829
high e
problem is, im a mason. And start a job soon that entails laying around 30,000 lbs of block. this should be fun....

By Elena Sera Jose
From colorado
bacon
Its definitely a job related injury and sounds very serious I would go see a doctor asap before you start the project it will not get better until you see the doc and they figure out what's wrong. I heard there is a test called pet scan. Definitely ask your doctor to run that. Don't jeopardize your job go see a doctor.

By cms829
high e
well ya see...im the boss. (its my company) Im gonna take it easy the next week an not climb, load up on vitamin I, and ice it. If its still bothering me i'll see the doc.

By Elena Sera Jose
From colorado
bacon
cms829 wrote:

Suit yourself just don't run out of time before the project. Good luck man. Btw I would still climb though just tape two fingers together that should be good. It should help it heal actually.

By cms829
high e
Ive never been a big fan of stopping all activity. I truly believe that climbing helped my spine problems by stabilizing it again. I guess I'll just take it easy. Maybe go to the gunks this weekend and do a bunch of easy 5.5-6 trad if its nice out. Im certainly going to tape it up though. Should I really buddy tape it? Or focus on taping the actual area where im experiencing pain? Ive never had a finger injury and been climbing for over 15 years

By Darren Mabe
From Flagstaff, AZ
May 2, 2012
wham bam hand jam. Wrapping up the final moves of ...
cms829 wrote:

bacon
cms829 wrote:
HAHAHAAHAHAHA

Freakin hilarious!

By cms829
high e
Should I leave it free during the day? My 9-5 job is desk work. I do masonry evenings and weekends. Or should i just tape it while climbing? I cant really tape it while laying block as I have to wear gloves. The block is so sharp it rips my fingers apart.