Implement Tapatalk for mobile devices?

By mattm
From TX
Sep 7, 2011
Grande Grotto

I've been using the app Tapatalk on various other forums (e.g. candlepower) and really like how much better the mobile forum experience is. Can MtnProj implement this feature on the forums? It would make the site much more travel friendly! As it is now, you have to force the iPhone to NOT use the mobile page to get into the forums. A PITA really.

Tapatalk site

Thanks!

By Gravity Slave
From Palisades Park, NJ
Jul 21, 2012
finger of fate (moby grape / cannon)

Bringing back a year old thread.

+1 for tapatalk, please!!!

cept the iphone part, blah.

By NickinCO
From colorado
Jul 21, 2012
after the hard stuff, into cruiser hands.

By cmscheip
Nov 9, 2013
From the top of P4 (or P3?) of The Daddy at the Amphitheater in Linville Gorge.

....and another year later - tapatalk pleeeeeease!

By Gravity Slave
From Palisades Park, NJ
Nov 13, 2013
finger of fate (moby grape / cannon)

this probably won't happen... they've incorporated forums into their paid app. Experience isn't bad, but I like all my stuff in one place.

By Febs
Nov 25, 2013

I'd love this as well. 'project mountain' is hardly useable on mobiles. Thanks!

By Febs
Dec 21, 2013

I just realized that there's a paid app for mountain project, and that's why tapatalk is not implemented. It makes sense.

The problem is, that I would buy it but I would only get the forum out of it; since there are almost no routes for my area in the MP database.
What about releasing a cheaper version for the forum only?

By Ryan N
From San Louis Obispo
Dec 21, 2013
RJN

Yea MP is way behind the game on this. I use taptalk for other forums as well and it's really nice. I used to hate the B'S you had to go thru on the iPhone when it tried to take you to the "mobile" site which isn't really that at all. I switched to android and that doesn't have the same problem.

And MP hasn't always been a paid app...

By Febs
Dec 21, 2013

Well, I think that if you live in the US it really deserves the money.
Unfortunately though there is near to nothing listed for what matter my country!

By cmscheip
Dec 23, 2013
From the top of P4 (or P3?) of The Daddy at the Amphitheater in Linville Gorge.

Paid or not, what I would dig about Tapatalk compatibility is that all the forums I frequent (climbing and other) would be in one convenient place with one interface. I don't want to have 10 different apps on my phone that I have to open/close to read the forums.

Is there a way to set up Tapatalk under a paid subscription? i.e. you could not open MP in Tapatalk without a paid account?

By Febs
Dec 23, 2013

That is very true - being able to access all of our forums for a single place would for sure be the best option. It looks like a paid subscription to the mobile edition of a single one is not feasible, as far as I could understand, though. So bad.

By Gravity Slave
From Palisades Park, NJ
Dec 23, 2013
finger of fate (moby grape / cannon)

The paid MP app is indispensable and I had no issues shelling out the money for it. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten my gunks guidebook and used the MP app. That being said, I still wish MP had tapatalk support but honestly, do you really think they care what we think? The answer is a big fat no our this thread wouldn't have gone unanswered for the amount of time that it had. I'm with you in liking the fact that I can access all my forums in one place.