Ice climbing in mid-December

By matt.schwab
From Estes Park, CO
Nov 28, 2012

Hey, I live in CO now, and will be home visiting family for about 10 days over Christmas. I'd love to get out on some ice in that time if anyone is interested. Either in WI or IL would be fine, I'm planning to bring home all of my gear, so hopefully something can get sorted out.
Thanks

By Medslim
From Urbana
Nov 28, 2012
devil's lake falling

Hi,
I am from Urbana Il and i am so excited about ice climbing.
I have all the gear ice screws, ice axe, rope ... but no partner.
But I don't have a car.

By Brandon Gottung
From Moab, UT
Nov 29, 2012
В Екатеринбурге

I'll be in Central Wisconsin, and traveling throughout of the state and would love to get some ice climbing in. I'll have personal gear and rock gear, but no screws. Lets get out! I'm happy to drive fuel efficient but no clearance.

By Rkutch
Nov 29, 2012

I could be convinced to bring my gear back home if there is some decent ice in central WI. Shoot me a message if you want to work something out.

By Juggler
Dec 6, 2012
Ice at SR

There will not be decent ice in WI most likely until Jan given the way the weather has been. The UP will have good ice in a couple of weeks. We are hoping to start farming ice on our silo in S. Sub's of Chicago this next week(or the week after given the CRAPPY weather). See our group and join to keep updated at FB.

We are currently open for dry tooling.... PM to set-up a session

By matt.schwab
From Estes Park, CO
Dec 12, 2012

Cool, I'll get in tough with everyone when I get back and see how the weather is looking. Thanks guys

By Bogdan P
From Chicago, Il
Dec 25, 2012
Titcomb basin, after climbing some practice cliffs

I'm in minneapolis until the 30th and have my alpine gear with me. It's not super aggressive (horizontal front points, leashed tools, etc.) but if anyone is interested I'd be down to do some casual local ice climbing. I don't know what's available around here, but minnehaha falls might be in condition.

PM me if you're interested.

By Bogdan P
From Chicago, Il
Mar 5, 2013
Titcomb basin, after climbing some practice cliffs

Will be in Minneapolis on the 30th and 31st. Don't have any idea what sort of conditions to expect then about, but if anyone would like a climbing partner, let me know. If conditions are good I'll be out climbing.